Adam Amin ESPN | The Boneyard

Adam Amin ESPN

Reaction Score
What do you think of this guy as ESPN’s play by play guy? I think he’s over enthusiastic and hard to like. I usually love the job Kara Lawson and Rebecca Lobo do but don’t like the three together either. Lobo and Lawson are much better separately as lone color analysts. They say and sound too similar or something. A lot of dead air. Not sure. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Lobo and Lawson are together there's too much non-game chatter because they are friendlier with each other than they would be with another partner.

Yes they leave the game and go into their own world like they are the stars

Reaction Score
What do you think of this guy as ESPN’s play by play guy? I think he’s over enthusiastic and hard to like. I usually love the job Kara Lawson and Rebecca Lobo do but don’t like the three together either. Lobo and Lawson are much better separately as lone color analysts. They say and sound too similar or something. A lot of dead air. Not sure. Thoughts?
There is really no game coverage. They are having a great , albeit boring, chat while ignoring the game. No indication of who a foul was on or how many fouls a player has.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There is really no game coverage. They are having a great , albeit boring, chat while ignoring the game. No indication of who a foul was on or how many fouls a player has.
It is not the job of the play by play man to reign in the color analysts. That is the job of the producer. Play by play does exactly that, P by P. If Lobo and Lawson want to talk about restaurants and the relative merits of guards over forwards, that's on them.

Reaction Score

He's awful.

Shows you how wonderful our SNY team of Culmo, Friel and Ward are. It's really night and day.

Reaction Score
On top of it all, sounds like he's entering a deep depression on account of South Carolina not being competitive in the game.

Reaction Score
I sent an email to ESPN during the game to complain about the lack of actual coverage of the game, got a standard reply that they can't respond to every email, blah, blah, blah.

Reaction Score
I had my say on another thread but would like to remind that it is not the job of the color commentators to provide info on fouls, player coming and goings etc. That is play-by-play. If there is a director running the show that person does a terrible job or does exactly what ESPN tells them to do. Judging from commercial breaks there is very little interest at the top in women's basketball. Promos are almost all for men's things (which watchers of this game likely have little interest in). Be thankful for what we have - a national broadcast company that puts games we want to see on the air all over the US. One of the reasons UConn gets great players from around the nation. How many pac-12 games do we get to see out here...

Reaction Score
Makes me want to become a fan of the evil empire can’t stand him
Come on down - we've been waiting for you!

upload_2018-2-1_21-32-39.png

Reaction Score
Dave will be doing the play by play on Red Sox games for NESN again this year. Sure do miss him on the call with Doris in women's college hoops.

He and Remy are great together for the Sox. I was really mad when Boston decided to get rid of Orsillo but O'brien has won me over in a short time.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
... Be thankful for what we have - a national broadcast company that puts games we want to see on the air all over the US. One of the reasons UConn gets great players from around the nation. How many pac-12 games do we get to see out here...

The Pac-12 Conference has been in a tangle with DirecTV for several years now, which has kept P-12 games off of the largest satellite TV network. Their negotiations and disagreements over subscription fees are pretty much stalled, so it’s not very likely to change. Dish network has carried the P-12 Network almost from day one, but Dish’s subscriber base is much smaller.

Reaction Score
The Pac-12 Conference has been in a tangle with DirecTV for several years now, which has kept P-12 games off of the largest satellite TV network. Their negotiations and disagreements over subscription fees are pretty much stalled, so it’s not very likely to change. Dish network has carried the P-12 Network almost from day one, but Dish’s subscriber base is much smaller.
So very true and of course I get DirecTV. Not sure why the schools out there aren't mad as it hurts their recruiting and national standing. If not for UConn games against them or the NCAA tournament on the east coast if is hard to even know they exist. Must be about the same deal with them and ESPN because I rarely see them there either.

Reaction Score
Dave O'Brien was horrible.... he couldn't get names right.... booo...

I do like Beth Mowins, I think she's a great play by play caller.

I love Rebecca and Kara together. They are funny, witty and knowledgeable.

I can't understand why ESPN thinks they need a Man to do play by play. Every big game includes a guy. Even when they are on set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom