AD Search | The Boneyard

AD Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Two undesirable names pop out as candidates - Tim Pernetti of Mike Rice fame and "DUI" Damon Evans. With Pernetti I am more concerned with the quality of the athletic programs at RU than the Mike Rice thing. The DUI I don't know. I'd rather forgive Clyde for his discressions and get a big man coach back than hiring Evans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, I'm okay with Pernetti being on the list. Good things happened at Rutgers during watch. Making good things happen at ol RU = Rockstar.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I'm okay with Pernetti being on the list. Good things happened at Rutgers during watch. Making good things happen at ol RU = Rockstar.

No. No no no. If someone sells you a car and it turns out to be a total lemon, do you got BACK TO THAT GUY the next time?

Anything that has even the faintest whisper of the word "rutgers" attached to it is ebola as far as I am concerned. Run. Away.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with what was said above, in terms of geography being the leading factor in RU's status a P5 university, but he's been through process. That has value. He's on a first name basis with Delaney. That has value. Yeah, RU may have mortgaged the farm to get the stadium, but it got built. That has value.

He's worth talking to.

(@bmayuc, literally laughed out loud at the Ebola comment.)

Reaction Score
No. No no no. If someone sells you a car and it turns out to be a total lemon, do you got BACK TO THAT GUY the next time?

That depends -- who are we in this scenario? The dealership, or the customer?

Or are you saying that Delaney/B1G is the customer and that they will be wise to Pernetti's BS since he fooled them once already?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I thought AD's have no real influence in conference realignment matters? And RU was gearing up for it before Pernetti was hired, I think.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm not crazy about Pernetti.

Rutgers spent themselves into oblivion, won nothing and got into the Big Ten because they're in New Jersey.

Well, at least that's one good thing for someone/something from New Jersey
I agree steer clear of Pernetti
UConn needs someone who knows business, knows how to work with politicians (it is a state school), knows how to effectively beg for money and someone who works within the P5 structure and who has been in a school that transitioned to a P5. Knowing athletics is secondary - hire the right coaches and that aspect is taken care of.

Reaction Score
UConn needs someone who knows business, knows how to work with politicians (it is a state school), knows how to effectively beg for money and someone who works within the P5 structure and who has been in a school that transitioned to a P5. Knowing athletics is secondary - hire the right coaches and that aspect is taken care of.

Based on rumor and hearsay, you may be pleased. #SourcesCloseToTheInternet

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You say you don't want Pernetti then you just described... Pernetti. :)

Have no clue if he's the best for the job but worth considering. Personally I think he was the scapegoat of the Rice situation.

CL82

Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't have a name, but a little birdy told me that the current frontrunner is a "non-traditional candidate with a business background." Whatever that means.
628x471.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't have a name, but a little birdy told me that the current frontrunner is a "non-traditional candidate with a business background." Whatever that means.
Hmmm. I'm not sure I like this trend. It didn't work very well for Michigan. However my knowledge and experience is limited in this area, so I don't know at what schools it has worked.

I will certainly defer to Pres. Herbst. She's made pretty good choices in the past, but from what I've come to understand, I'd take a long and hard look at someone who a target P-5 conference has recommended in the past. It doesn't look like Sean Frazier has done anything to assuage past recommendations.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of Evans has he has too much baggage, though he is apparently tight with Herbst. An absolute no regarding Lester as UConn should be looking forward, not back to the Perkins and Hathaway family tree. Pernetti is a Rutgers guy through and through and does have the Mike Rice baggage under his skin; but, he was a key part of upgrading Rutgers athletic program, played a key role in getting them into the B1G and basically did a good job considering how much of a nightmare working within Rutgers can be. I would take him before Evans and Lester. So far, I like Frazier the best due to his proven ability to generate money, experience with major programs (Wisconsin & props to Clarkson LOL), hois northeast connections, and his support within the B1G.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=13265

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You say you don't want Pernetti then you just described... Pernetti. :)

Have no clue if he's the best for the job but worth considering. Personally I think he was the scapegoat of the Rice situation.

I fully understand that Pernetti fits the bill I described in some/most of the areas but I said I dont think it needs to be him
UConn can search for someone else with the credentials

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Trump? Making UConn Great Again

Hey, we'd have zero problem with the "UCONN is not doing enough in the media to get into a P5" crowd.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I hope it doesn't look like the Cleveland Browns' moves. A lawyer taking over personnel and a baseball life taking over org strategy.

I would like someone with actual relevant experience.

Reaction Score
That depends -- who are we in this scenario? The dealership, or the customer?

Or are you saying that Delaney/B1G is the customer and that they will be wise to Pernetti's BS since he fooled them once already?

We are the product, obviously. The Car. Rutgers was a car. Pernetti was teh sales dude. ahh Fukk it man I shouldn't have to explain it to you

Reaction Score
I hope it doesn't look like the Cleveland Browns' moves. A lawyer taking over personnel and a baseball life taking over org strategy.

I would like someone with actual relevant experience.

Not that is Rutgers. Dobbs is a layer, politically connected to Chrsitie, and is considered a 'fixer' who prior AD job was at Seton Hall, which does not even have a football team. Still, he's 110% better than Hermann the destroyer.

And before you ask, I care because 1) my tax dollars go there and 2) a lot of my neighbors kids go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom