AD averages a double double when playing 20+ minutes | The Boneyard

AD averages a double double when playing 20+ minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Some food for thought in case nobody has noticed this yet.

Reaction Score
great, but can he make it 20 minutes without getting in foul trouble? Thats his real issue. Playing time is a result of how much he fouls. If he commits 2 early fouls in the first half, chances are he is sitting out the remainder of the first half. 2nd half is a crap shoot

Reaction Score
Why does it take so long? Just kidding but as a junior he should be averaging double digit rebounds at least, points will be another story for the next 2 years with this team. By know with his talent and experience he should be a rebounding machine resulting in offensive put-backs.

Reaction Score
Why does it take so long? Just kidding but as a junior he should be averaging double digit rebounds at least, points will be another story for the next 2 years with this team. By know with his talent and experience he should be a rebounding machine resulting in offensive put-backs.

The original post is about Drummond. Your comment applies to Oriakhi just as well though.

Reaction Score
AD even though he didnt do any thing on offense last game on defense and the boards he was a beast

caw

Reaction Score
On a per minute basis Drummond is blocking shots at the same rate as okafor's first 8 games, scoring slightly more, but rebounding rate is a tad lower. He is also fouling at a much higher rate. Okafor's had a much higher shooting percentage (considering Meeks wasn't very offensively gifted as a freshman this is a bit surprising). I do like the blocked shots though. I think Drummond is also more intimidating bc he is just bigger.

Reaction Score
AD shows some flashes of greatness. As pointed out his problem is staying out of foul trouble and on the floor. He still has a lot to learn. I'd like to see him simply his game. I love those baseline catches and athletic power dribble and dunks, but would like to see the team use more interior screens where he catches the ball and tries to dunk everything.

Defensively, he's still trying to figure it out. He seems to struggle to getting back to the post after stepping up to provide help D. He's often out of rebounding position in those cases. I'd like to see him more quickly get back to inside position. Both he and Alex would pick up a lot more rebounds if they boxed out. It still drives me nuts when our bigs don't do the little things like boxing out, especially Alex. He's been around now for over 2 years and his days of getting tons of rebounds in HS simply because he was bigger and stronger are long behind him.

Getting back to AD, he's a work in progress that I think will be very good by March. They say listens and is a quick learner. The bigs, even the very talented ones usually take longer to develop. The ones that do hit the floor playing at a high level as freshman are usually the ones who have an advanced offensive game. Good teams know how to take a big physical and even bigman. AD continues to learn and get better. If he can develop some consistency to his game, he's going to help us win a lot of games. With all the firepower we have at the perimeter, the team doesn't have to rely on him, but the better he gets, the more dangerous this team becomes as a hole.

Imagine how good this team would look if AD, AO and RS were playing well. There's a ton of hoops to be played and this team has more talent as a whole than last year's NC team and a HOF coach that has a track record of getting his team playing their best ball in March.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
He's cut back on fouls the last few games; you can tell he's getting a feel for the level of physicality he can take it to (he's only gotten 4 fouls so far, as a matter of fact, and even 3 fouls in a game is hardly unheard of for a big guy)

Reaction Score
AD will be fine as he progresses. There is so much for him to digest and we are only 8 games in. He is intimidating and he moves fluidly around the lane. He is a liability at the foul line and doesn't always hustle dack on D, but he will evolve. AO needs to knock the chip off and get out there.

Reaction Score
i look for AD to really start turning the corner after the ten day break. heck i think this team will start to show major improvement after the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom