Actors who are bigger stars than they should have been | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Actors who are bigger stars than they should have been

Reaction Score
Too many to name, really. I find Hollywood actors in general to be over rated and you can find actors in lesser known foreign flicks that are superior.

Nicolas Cage (cringe)
Pauly Shore (double cringe)
Liam Neeson
Adam Sandler
Jim Carrey (man on the moon was okay)
Keanu Reeves
Christian Bale
Leo (though he was AMAZING in whats eating gilbert grape)
Samuel L. Jackson
Johhny Depp (yes, we get your shtick, do something new now).
Will Smith
Joaquin Phoenix
will ferrell
colin farrell
Angelina Jolie
Jennifer Anniston
Owen Wilson
Vince Vaughn
Ben Affleck
Robert Downey, Jr.

Reaction Score
There are so many actors, that is not even close to everyone, not even a percent of a percent.... The thread is about over rated actors, so I listed some. Make one about UNDER RATED actors and I would have a list three times as long. If you have a problem with it (with someone elses opinion) feel free to dispute it with a ...sophisticated... response.

Reaction Score
There are any number of people in Hollywood that are such one trick ponies that I don't think they're even acting, they're just playing themself. Hugh Grant and Seth Rogen are two that I find particularly guilty of this. I even enjoy them some of the time, but not much range for them.

Sam Worthington is a guy I find fairly limited in terms of talent that was a pretty big star, at least for a while.

edited--Jason Segel is another guy that has been exactly the same character in a bunch of different roles. Again I like him sometimes, but not much variety.
Should watch "End of the Tour", the David Foster Wallace biopic of sorts. He was great in it IMO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Disagree strongly with this on both counts.
Okay how about just for Barbarella?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Should watch "End of the Tour", the David Foster Wallace biopic of sorts. He was great in it IMO.

I haven't seen it. I remember when it came out, it did appear that he was very much breaking the mold of his typical character.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it. I remember when it came out, it did appear that he was very much breaking the mold of his typical character.
It’s worth the watch. Obviously if you read Infine Jest or any of his other stuff you’ll find it more enjoyable and interesting, but either way it’s very good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom