Actors that should have been bigger stars | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Actors that should have been bigger stars

Reaction Score
This may be a new category altogether. Great concept, bring this back!

Danny vs. Donny

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The young Olivia Newton John and Phoebe Cates. That's about as good a blonde-brunette combo as you'll find.

Olivia was a pretty huge star as a singer before she ever even did Grease. Not sure she really qualifies for this list. As for Phoebe....mad props to someone who thought living a great life was more important than being a movie star. There's a lesson there for a lot of people in the entertainment industry.

For laughs, go watch any old David Letterman show with Phoebe Cates as a guest. He simply comes unglued around her and can't contain himself.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kristy McNichol had a ton of childhood success and retired from acting at age 38.

Brooke Shields was also very popular and a celebrity for various reasons.

Perhaps both were just not very good actors

Those two ended up with the careers they deserved. Mediocre actresses that got lucky with some early castings.

Reaction Score
Ben Foster. He was awesome in Alpha Dog, and while I have not seen all his movies, he always gets great reviews, but he hasn't broken out yet. He does a lot of ensemble and indie flicks. He is like a younger, male, Chloe Sevigny.
I like Foster in some things but he tends to overact. His overacting in Alpha Dog was to the point where it was laugh out loud funny, he made the character not at all believable. It's a known thing with him and the reason he hasn't had more big roles.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like Foster in some things but he tends to overact. His overacting in Alpha Dog was to the point where it was laugh out loud funny, he made the character not at all believable. It's a known thing with him and the reason he hasn't had more big roles.

The part in Alpha Dog is supposed to be over the top. He is a strung out black belt. How should he play that? I liked the movie, but it was not perfect. For one thing, I think it is unlikely that all the girls hanging out with these losers would be as attractive as the women in the movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom