ACC's strategy is puzzling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC's strategy is puzzling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, the vaunted Louisville football program has stabilized the ACC.

Somehow neinas and the Big 12 ended up with WVU why? Because louisville brought nothing to the big 12, crap market, crappier academics, crappy foootball.

Somewhere in Texas DeLoss Dodds is scratching his chin and laughing.

Now the ACC can't even play the academic trump card. Even claytravis is mocking that.

Louisville, FSU, NC State. So long academic cache.

Now unc can just as well say, sec has vandy, florida, aTm, georgia. No difference.

Except of course, sec is going to have an actual sec digital network, not the vaporware acc in 15 years network.

ESPN because of swofford's cronyism with raycom, owns every ounce of flesh of the acc. And there isnt anything the acc can do about it.

SEC will be looking at $40m a year in a few years. The acc will be stuck at $17m.

Reaction Score
I hope the ACC realizes that adding UConn tips NYC to the ACC or they will rue the day.
If we go to the B1G, the ACC can forget that. Really dumb move.

Reaction Score
Spoke to my son this am. He knew yesterday am what the result was going to be in all of this, unlike me who was totally fooled. Apparently Louisville, and to a lesser extent Cincinnati, put together sales packages and very aggressively worked the ACC members hard and sold them, despite UL's very obvious academic deficits. UConn sat tight and did nothing. Personally, I'm the type of person who can't be sold by glossy BS but most of the rest of society isn't like that and the ACC guys are in that group. I guess that's why political candidates spend ridiculous amounts of money on TV commercials that are nothing but half-truths and innuendo. This board may dislike Duke for any number of reasons but Duke has always been pro-Uconn and voted for us and, even at the end, voted against UL. At least they were consistent with the now discredited academic values of the ACC. As much as I resist casting blame, it is apparent that UConn management failed to properly market us and assumed that logic would prevail in an illogical situation and in an illogical world. There may be an out for us in all of this or some grand plan that I'm not aware of but it's unlikely. If we're not out of the BE by the end of the 2013-2014 season (we get a bye next year because of Michigan) expect season ticket sales in the 10,000 range and crowds of 20,000 at the Rent. Karmanos killed my hockey interest years ago and this may do it for me for college sports. Will I continue to contribute to UConn, sure, but it is unlikely that I'll be at the Rent to watch Tulane or ECU. No more FB season tickets--just can't get interested enough to freeze and watch UConn-SMU in November, especially at my age. Good luck to UL--they worked hard for the invite and they got it. I'll always check the scores and want the Huskies to win but there won't be much enthusiasm. Sad.

IF that happens, football will be moved back on campus, and Malloy and the CT legislature, will have an empty facility at Rentschler field generating no revenue for the state, and eventually sucking money away, to go along with the New Britain busway to suck money out of the budget.

Reaction Score
Dude, help us out with your Syracuse brethren. Tell them we belong with you. You know we should be with you in the same conference, at least. You're an intelligible person.
If it was up to me, you'd be next on the list....even BEFORE the Domers.
Mark says it best, it's an absolute no-brainer to lock up the NE and keep the B1G at bay.

Reaction Score
If it was up to me, you'd be next on the list....even BEFORE the Domers.
Mark says it best, it's an absolute no-brainer to lock up the NE and keep the B1G at bay.
But somehow, it seems more NYers think Louisville is a better fit than UConn. How the can NYers justify that?

Reaction Score
Yes, the vaunted Louisville football program has stabilized the ACC.

Somehow neinas and the Big 12 ended up with WVU why? Because louisville brought nothing to the big 12, crap market, crappier academics, crappy foootball.

Somewhere in Texas DeLoss Dodds is scratching his chin and laughing.

Now the ACC can't even play the academic trump card. Even claytravis is mocking that.

Louisville, FSU, NC State. So long academic cache.

Now unc can just as well say, sec has vandy, florida, aTm, georgia. No difference.

Except of course, sec is going to have an actual sec digital network, not the vaporware acc in 15 years network.

ESPN because of swofford's cronyism with raycom, owns every ounce of flesh of the acc. And there isnt anything the acc can do about it.

SEC will be looking at $40m a year in a few years. The acc will be stuck at $17m.
Very unbecoming. Both UConn and the ACC will be fine.
images

Reaction Score
And that is why the ACC is doomed to fail. Of course, if Notre Dame goes all in, that would stabilize things.

Louisville does nothing to stem FSU's desire to leave.

It was also comical when the ACCSports guy used the total households in Kentucky. As bad as Kentucky is, they are the dominant school in the state.

Same with Pitt and Pennsylvania with PSU. BC (hopefully versus UConn in the Big 10).

Same with Miami versus Florida (and soon FSU)

And look at the ACC's footprint. Syracuse, Pitt and BC are geographic islands. How is that possibly a good thing? And these second tier programs are supposed to anchor the ACC north?
FSU is gone to the SEC in a heartbeat if they get an invite but at the same time they were likely a supporter of bringing in Louisville and rejecting Uconn. BTW, unless Florida politicians get involved and force U of Florida to back FSU with the SEC, they won't be getting an invite. As one who went to college in Florida I can tell you that the U of Florida sees FSU as a hick school from another state.Did you know that you can take courses in Circus at FSU? Tallahassee is closer to La than it is Gainsville.
Uconn to the Big 10 has Powerball odds. Uconn's future depends whether or not realignment is over. I don't think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom