Accountability | The Boneyard

Accountability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Vanderbilt: Pass on 3-and-9 at midfield w/21-14 lead on road, 7 mins. left, and struggling QB intercepted & returned for tying TD.
Iowa State: Pass on 2-and-3 past midfield w/less than 4 mins left trailing by 4, again w/struggling QB.
Western Mich: Out-of-bounds kickoff after rallying to take a 1-TD lead.

Who do you blame? Coach P? Jeff Hathaway?

Why doesn't special teams coach remind kicker to squib it, keep it on ground & in bounds?

There's a reason why the head coach makes over $1 million and his assistants between $100-300K.

I hope Dr. Herbst is paying attention.

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt: Pass on 3-and-9 at midfield w/21-14 lead on road, 7 mins. left, and struggling QB intercepted & returned for tying TD.
Iowa State: Pass on 2-and-3 past midfield w/less than 4 mins left trailing by 4, again w/struggling QB.
Western Mich: Out-of-bounds kickoff after rallying to take a 1-TD lead.

Who do you blame? Coach P? Jeff Hathaway?

Why doesn't special teams coach remind kicker to squib it, keep it on ground & in bounds?

There's a reason why the head coach makes over $1 million and his assistants between $100-300K.

I hope Dr. Herbst is paying attention.

And you know what the coaches said to Chad Christen before he kicked the ball out of bounds how? There is plenty to criticize for after today without just making stuff up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Do you think it is possible they asked him to squib it though, so there wouldn't be a long return? I mean he was booming them in the end zone all day. I think coaching can be blamed for that call in my opinion.

And you know what the coaches said to Chad Christen before he kicked the ball out of bounds how? There is plenty to criticize for after today without just making stuff up.

Reaction Score
not going to get into a peeing match about this, but it's coaching malpractice if nothing was said to the kicker, that booming one into a fierce crosswind was not the thing to do in that situation. I'm sure you recall last year Tom Coughlin specifically told the Giants punter to kick it out of bounds, and the guy went out and kicked it to DeSean Jackson in the middle of the field. Maybe the same thing happened here, the kid had a brain fart two seconds after being told what not to do. But don't toss the "making stuff up" bomb to suggest that it appeared specific coaching guidance was not offered in that crucial situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom