According to UConn... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

According to UConn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on what? Sorry if I'm a step slow on this...
Since there are no documents establishing us as a member of the AAC. But hey, I am no legal expert, so what do I know.

Reaction Score
I have the minority view also. This is coming from the "sour grapes" mindset whereby we are dismissive of our peer American conference institutions. It is the parallel to the Syracuse crowds yearning since 2003 while in the Big East. This is our reality.

Everything I read tells me that we are on track to be elevated to a greater academic status & better conference. Thank you Susan. Lets build this fan base. Find our place at the top level of college sports.

Reaction Score
They may well be using the same charter as before, with the Big East forming the new charter (despite keeping the Big East name and history).

It's confusing, obviously. I would just ask for a copy of the American Athletic Conference Constitution & bylaws. That *should* theoretically be a valid request.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since there are no documents establishing us as a member of the AAC. But hey, I am no legal expert, so what do I know.
Ah, got it.

Reaction Score
What's the point? We're playing in the AAC and that's the facts as of 8/14/13. Why this constant sour grapes mentality? UConn football needs a few years to grow anyways so why not do it in a league they can compete in, go to bowl games in and build re pore with non conference schools in? Going to the B1G now you can pencil in at least 5 guaranteed losses so your margin to make it to a bowl is pretty slim going in. 10-2 in the American looks better perception wise than 6-6 in the B1G. Just give it some time, there will be fun games to watch in the new league and 3 years from now who knows.... you might even see a completely different conference re-alignment shakeup that could motivate schools to form a new & improved north east football conference.

Going 10-2 in the American is nowhere near better than 6-6 in the BiG. Geez why not aim for 12-0 by going back to the Colonial Conference and beating up on UMass. Or maybe the NEC.

Reaction Score
Going 10-2 in the American is nowhere near better than 6-6 in the BiG. Geez why not aim for 12-0 by going back to the Colonial Conference and beating up on UMass. Or maybe the NEC.

I think you missed his point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104