ACC vs Big 10 | The Boneyard

ACC vs Big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UCONN gets an invite from either, each one has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages. If we go ACC, our football program can compete to a respectable degree while improving slowly. Our men's and women's basketball programs would flourish due to rivalrys with UNC and the Dookies. If it's the Big Ten we run roughshod over the conference in men's and women's bball, while in fb we get our ass kicked for at least a few years and become the new Northwestern of the conference, but maybe it helps in recruiting the northeast kids. In terms of money to UCONN, the Big Ten is the deal IMO while in the ACC at some point down the road I can see us dominating the conference in all sports. Thoughts guys?

Reaction Score
ACC is better for athletics. But, the money from the Big10 and UConn's outlier geography may give the school a leg up in passing Cuse and BC forever and for good.
For competition and tradition, ACC. For structural advantages, the Big10 is better.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If UCONN gets an invite from either, each one has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages. If we go ACC, our football program can compete to a respectable degree while improving slowly. Our men's and women's basketball programs would flourish due to rivalrys with UNC and the Dookies. If it's the Big Ten we run roughshod over the conference in men's and women's bball, while in fb we get our ass kicked for at least a few years and become the new Northwestern of the conference, but maybe it helps in recruiting the northeast kids. In terms of money to UCONN, the Big Ten is the deal IMO while in the ACC at some point down the road I can see us dominating the conference in all sports. Thoughts guys?

my thoughts

and I also posted this on the bball board - on B10 academics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member