ACC Struggles | The Boneyard

ACC Struggles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cuse beat La Tech by 2 and NC State lost to Wofford. AMA's entire statistical production in the one-point loss was 3 fouls. Can't believe how poor he's been.

Louisville shockingly having a bit of a problem with UNCW - only up 4 with 7:38 left. UNCW's whole team is cramping up now, though.

Reaction Score
Louisville will predictably win. UNCW got it to 2 at one point, but the Cardinals got a couple put backs.

Chris Jones has a 10 cent head - up by 8 in the last two minutes, he's throwing up wild shots on the fast break, fouling dribblers in the backcourt, begging for a technical foul with animated complaining. I'd be scared to death to have the ball in his hands in March if I was a Cards fan. But I guess they always said that about Russdiculous and they won with him.

caw

Reaction Score
Cuse beat La Tech by 2 and NC State lost to Wofford. AMA's entire statistical production in the one-point loss was 3 fouls. Can't believe how poor he's been.

Louisville shockingly having a bit of a problem with UNCW - only up 4 with 7:38 left. UNCW's whole team is cramping up now, though.

Really not too shocked by AMA's production. He's at NCSt and has their coach.

Reaction Score
Letsgohuskies11 said:
the american league aint no juggernaut either

My thread title was meant to just be a micro observation (stuff happening today), and not a macro one (how good the league is this season). In fairness to you, that wasn't very clear on my part.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that it matters but NC State actually beat Wofford... yes not officially just in reality.

Reaction Score
Not that it matters but NC State actually beat Wofford... yes not officially just in reality.

Aha. Now I see the problem. You have a tenuous grasp of reality.

Reaction Score

Are you saying that he beat the buzzer? I haven't seen it, but that's usually one they get right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Aha. Now I see the problem. You have a tenuous grasp of reality.

Yes it's tenuous to look at the clock - and see that the ball is clearly out of his hand. Pretty tenuous.

Reaction Score
Yes it's tenuous to look at the clock - and see that the ball is clearly out of his hand. Pretty tenuous.

The TV clock isn't official. The backboard light was on when he was still touching the ball, so it looks like they got the call right. Crazy finish, either way.

Reaction Score
"We've seen the tape," Lacey said of his last shot. "I've got to do better and get it off (in time)."

"A tenth of a second short," Wolfpack coach Mark Gottfried said

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The TV clock isn't official. The backboard light was on when he was still touching the ball, so it looks like they got the call right. Crazy finish, either way.

Yeah I know why they didn't count it. I didn't say they got the call wrong - just they actually scored more points in 40 minutes than Wofford did.

Reaction Score
Yeah I know why they didn't count it. I didn't say they got the call wrong - just they actually scored more points in 40 minutes than Wofford did.

Except that it wasn't within the 40 minutes. I don't understand the confusion here. The game was over before he took the shot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Except that it wasn't within the 40 minutes. I don't understand the confusion here. The game was over before he took the shot.

According to the red light yes, according to the clock no.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
According to the red light yes, according to the clock no.

The clock they show at the bottom of the TV is not official. If you watch the replay again not only does the light go off before he releases the shot, but also the clock above the backboard read 0.0. The announcers even acknowledged that there was a difference between the tv clock and the official game clock.

Reaction Score
The clock they show at the bottom of the TV is not official. If you watch the replay again not only does the light go off before he releases the shot, but also the clock above the backboard read 0.0. The announcers even acknowledged that there was a difference between the tv clock and the official game clock.
Yup: https://vine.co/v/O6YwJFt9E9V

Reaction Score
Unrelated (kind of) but does anyone have any idea when the NCAA is supposed to do SOMETHING about UNC and Cuse?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Either way it's a terrible job by NC State - they got torched on that inbounds play.

Reaction Score

This didn't happen in "reality," though. It only happened on earth. In the other "reality," it didn't happen.

Reaction Score
Unrelated (kind of) but does anyone have any idea when the NCAA is supposed to do SOMETHING about UNC and Cuse?

If by "something" you mean send those schools a box of chocolates and some flowers, I'd say they already have a standing order for that.
If you mean something else, the answer is Never. Aint gonna happen.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Final hearing for Cuse was about a month ago. Expect whatever ruling the NCAA makes for Cuse will be in about two months. UNC may take awhile since Cuse investigation took three years.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Really not too shocked by AMA's production. He's at NCSt and has their coach.
I'm smelling a transfer to UConn after a lackluster freshmen year - Gottfried is turning into one of our better recruiters

Reaction Score
Don't overlook LA Tech. Yes the game was a lot closer than it should have been but LaTech is a legitimate team. They were 29-8 last year and return 4 starters including Speedy Smith who is a senior and probably the best player in C-USA. Their backcourt is one of the best in the country with Alex Hamilton and Raheem Appleby joining Smith in the backcourt. They are all about 6'3/6'4 and can all dribble, shoot, pass and alternate playing the 1/2/3. They are also the favorites to win C-USA.

The Cuse game was their championship. They came into that game with more hunger than Cuse who just saw LaTech and probably didn't take them as a serious opponent. Cuse was able to escape but don't downplay the talent of LaTech. They are most likely a tourney team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom