ACC/SEC Challenge 2024 | The Boneyard

ACC/SEC Challenge 2024

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ESPN and the conferences are idiots. How can they not have Kentucky going to VPI is beyond me.

Louisville vs Oklahoma. The Ribeyes vs ND. Chapel Hill gets another home game this year after a home game last year. Duke on the road for back to back years.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I hate how they always jampack the second day. Like it better be a triple header starting at 5 or something. A lot of interest matchups but sec should win. Alabama v Cal ur getting into like the superior depth of the sec respectfully.

Reaction Score
Chapel Hill gets another home game this year after a home game last year. Duke on the road for back to back years.

giphy.gif
Right there with you, Triad. Vandy's on the road for the second year in a row, too. To make it worse, Vandy men and women are playing on the road on the same night. Maybe they'll at least have the decency to start the games at different times.

Reaction Score
uva v auburn is funny. didn't uva's point transfer to auburn this offseason. If they went that route, like @triaddukefan said, they shoulda also had vt vs ky, at VT. But I do think the SEC goes atleast 10-6.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Texas/Notre Dame should be an incredible game. Possibly the best guard battle on the docket so far with Booker/Harmon against Miles/Hidalgo.
Irish are already selling this hard to the South Bend community! BTW, when you look at Notre Dame backcourt, don't forget that Sonia Citron is an exceedingly versatile wing, who for all intensive purposes, is a third guard. A 6'1" one.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I see that Pitt and Wake Forest are spared the match-up. Interesting selection of 2 not so very great teams to not participate.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see that Pitt and Wake Forest are spared the match-up. Interesting selection of 2 not so very great teams to not participate.

Pitt was left out last year too. They did Wake no favors last year by scheduling a home game at 930pm.... 28 people attended :eek:

They had to give the newcomers a taste of the challenge. They better hold up their end of the bargain, or else...

That sucks. We were already scheduled to play Duke.

I have no idea why they did that. Driving to Columbia for a Thursday night game vs a Sunday afternoon... huge difference.

Reaction Score
ND vs Texas in particular should be really good. The parallels make an interesting storyline - both had an elite PG lost to ACL and a super freshman exceed expectations in their absence. I will definitely be watching that one.

Reaction Score
Can't believe they're making Stanford fly across country to Baton Rouge considering how many times they'll have to do it for league play. Would have enjoyed this matchup more last season.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Can't believe they're making Stanford fly across country to Baton Rouge considering how many times they'll have to do it for league play. Would have enjoyed this matchup more last season.
On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, it's about the closest SEC away game we could play that's not Texas or Oklahoma, and at least it'll be a marquee matchup and a great test for out relatively young team. I'm stoked for this.

Reaction Score
I like how balanced the matchups are. Should be some great games. Definitely intrigued by Texas/Notre Dame and Duke/South Carolina.
I really don’t see the intrigue for Duke versus South Carolina. The only intrigue for me is how bad South Carolina will beat them.

Reaction Score
I really don’t see the intrigue for Duke versus South Carolina. The only intrigue for me is how bad South Carolina will beat them.
Their game last year was actually pretty competitive till the 4th..Duke ran out of steam and ended up losing by 16 at the end. But overall it was a good game to watch

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Meh. Are you a SCar fan or a TN fan? Pick a squad and stick with one. Thanks.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Newbies be damned. Both Texas and Oklahoma hit the road in this challenge. Shocked that Berkeley got a home game.

The SEC biggies in SC, LSU, and Tennessee all get home games. That's not a coincidence.

The best in the ACC -- NC State, Louisville, UNC and Notre Dame all get home games. Again, not a coincidence. Duke is the exception; but, their game at SC was already on the docket before the challenge schedule was released.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Newbies be damned. Both Texas and Oklahoma hit the road in this challenge. Shocked that Berkeley got a home game.

The SEC biggies in SC, LSU, and Tennessee all get home games. That's not a coincidence.

The best in the ACC -- NC State, Louisville, UNC and Notre Dame all get home games. Again, not a coincidence. Duke is the exception; but, their game at SC was already on the docket before the challenge schedule was released.
If all these teams are home again next year, it will be a trend.:eek:

Reaction Score
Stanford is going to have a play road game sometime for this challenge anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom