ACC Presidents DID meet and vote... on Friday | The Boneyard

ACC Presidents DID meet and vote... on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UConn9604

An earlier thread asked whether the ACC's Presidents met and voted on Monday (Nov. 26). While we may never know the answer to that question, we DO know that they met and voted on something on Friday.

Buried in the news stories about the ACC suing Maryland are these nuggets:

The ACC filed suit seeking against the University of Maryland at the state courthouse in Greensboro on Monday, seeking payment of the league-mandated $50 million exit fee after Maryland announced its intentions to join the Big Ten last week.

The league's Council of Presidents voted unanimously Friday to file suit.

"We continue to extend our best wishes to the University of Maryland; however, there is the expectation that Maryland will fulfill its exit fee obligation," commissioner John Swofford said in a statement. "On Friday, the ACC Council of Presidents made the unanimous decision to file legal action to ensure the enforcement of this obligation.”

http://www.news-record.com/content/...suit_against_maryland_for_50_million_exit_fee

Now, I have no idea how long the call lasted and even less of an idea as to what else was on the agenda (hopefully, one item was a "winner-take-all" vote on our game against Louisville). This could have been the single item on the agenda, or they could have staffed their 4-4-4 committee, or they could have done a lot of other things.

However, it's pretty clear that they did meet on Friday (Nov. 23). How that supports or refutes any of the millions of conspiracy theories out there, I don't know.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It doesn't add or detract from any of the theories.

Given that there's telephone service in almost every state of the union, even West Virginia, these folks can 'meet' whenever and wherever.

Reaction Score

Given that there's telephone service in almost every state of the union, even West Virginia, these folks can 'meet' whenever and wherever.

That was my whole point to Danzz in a previous post, you don't need to actually meet in a room these days.

U

UConn9604

Oh, I understand that, but this story is proof (and not of the MHver3 variety) that the decision-makers were actually on the phone.

I still think that the next formal announcement will be linked somehow to the ACC Championship Game this weekend. (Of course, that hasn't stopped me from burning hours of my life waiting to hear something over the last week.)

Reaction Score

Given that there's telephone service in almost every state of the union, even small parts of West Virginia, these folks can 'meet' whenever and wherever.

Fixed it for you.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I still think that the next formal announcement will be linked somehow to the ACC Championship Game this weekend. (Of course, that hasn't stopped me from burning hours of my life waiting to hear something over the last week.)

Or on Thursday afternoon so that during the 'Big East Championship Game' on ESPN Thursday night, all they talk about is the ACC addition(s) the entire night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom