ACC Preseason Poll & Honors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Preseason Poll & Honors

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I am of the opinion that Sam is the heartbeat of the team. They go as she goes. She is the defensive energy, she is the emotional leader of the team. We have not had to rely on her to be a major scorer, but she can score, and I think that her numbers will rise this season as a result of MHA being gone. She is a beast on the block and takes great pride in her defense. Not all of what she does shows up on the stat sheet, but we can not win without her.

Asia has had plenty of off games, and we still find ways to win. If Sam doesn't show up, we are in trouble.
I think she is highly underrated and lives in Asia's shadow, not getting the respect she deserves.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I am of the opinion that Sam is the heartbeat of the team. They go as she goes. She is the defensive energy, she is the emotional leader of the team. We have not had to rely on her to be a major scorer, but she can score, and I think that her numbers will rise this season as a result of MHA being gone. She is a beast on the block and takes great pride in her defense. Not all of what she does shows up on the stat sheet, but we can not win without her.

Asia has had plenty of off games, and we still find ways to win. If Sam doesn't show up, we are in trouble.
I think she is highly underrated and lives in Asia's shadow, not getting the respect she deserves.

"Not all of what she does shows up on the stat sheet, but we can not win without her."

Most successful teams have a player like this in their line-up....willing to put aside individual statistics and/or recognition for overall team success. You can pretty much take that line and apply it to Kat Westbeld of Notre Dame during the course of her career. LIke Sam F., she was another McDonald's All-American in high school who became the ultimate team player.

Players like Sam or Kat rarely make these kind of pre-season lists: Blue Ribbon panels and/or press usually tend to nominate those that have gaudy scoring and/or rebounding statistics.

Sam did score when she was a high school star in New Jersey. I'll be very interested to see how she and Kylie Shook factor into this year's Louisville offense. With MH-A, they'll need more folks to step up on offense. Sam F. has the ability -- we'll see if it happens.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is a stretch. Although, she certainly was against us :/
Ir could be a stretch, but I like her athleticism, efficiency, and low-key approach. Who is the best player on N.D.? It could be any of the starters. I think they all have pros and cons.

Reaction Score
Ir could be a stretch, but I like her athleticism, efficiency, and low-key approach. Who is the best player on N.D.? It could be any of the starters. I think they all have pros and cons.
I attended the Oregon State vs Notre Dame game in Corvallis, OR, last year. While it was just one game, Jackie Young was the best player that day for Notre Dame. Jackie Young took over the game in the last 3 minutes, after OSU led the entire way. I watched a few other ND games during last season, and Jackie Young is a silent assassin. Very impressed with her, and, cannot believe she doesn't get more press. ND is stacked with great players, that play well together. I hope OSU gets to play ND in the Vancouver, Canada, Showcase in November.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ND a nearly unanimous pick to win the conference championship with 4 of 5 starters picked for the preseason All-Conference team.

This sounds more like the AAC rather than the ACC....:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom