ACC making a run for top coaches this cycle | The Boneyard

ACC making a run for top coaches this cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Is the ACC trying to make a run in football? They are going after and getting some of the biggest names in this coaching cycle. Richt to Miami, Fuentes to VT, Mendenhall to UVA and, if the rumors are correct, Dino Babers to Syracuse. They are spending some serious coin to get these coaches. With the SEC East so weak right now, could the ACC be trying fill the void?

The big question is can the ACC afford to bring in and keep the assistants? That's what drove Wisconsin coaches Beliema to Arkansas and Anderson to Oregon State. If they can do that, they can do some damage on the East coast. If not? Who knows.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Make no mistake, Syracuse is a stepping stone job in every sense of the term. IF Babers wins at Syracuse, he will be gone in a couple of years. It's a good hire, but absolutely a temporary one.

Reaction Score
Dino Babers was Syracuse's third choice. They lost out to the likes of Ucf and Rutgers. Hardly glamorous.

Reaction Score
Only 3rd choice?
Cuse went after Scott Frost and Chris Ash....both passed then onto Babers....Ash told them he wasn't interested. They said Frost would only take a 2 yr contract as he's looking to get the Nebraska job from what i gleaned.

Reaction Score
Cuse went after Scott Frost and Chris Ash....both passed then onto Babers....Ash told them he wasn't interested. They said Frost would only take a 2 yr contract as he's looking to get the Nebraska job from what i gleaned.

Where did you "glean" this from?

Reaction Score
Nicky that's kind of interesting about Frost and Cuse..considering he tok a 5 yr deal from UCF and took a bit less than originally offered to add more to his Asst coach salary pool.

Reaction Score
As someone who follows BGSU football, the guy is good. I don't know who else you'd think Cuse would be able to grab though from the context of your post.
He is good but it is still a no win for Syracuse. At age 54, Babers will either do well and leave for a better opportunity in 3 years or, like the past two coaches, fail and be gone. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. The cuse will be looking for another coach in 3 years.

pj

Reaction Score
He is good but it is still a no win for Syracuse. At age 54, Babers will either do well and leave for a better opportunity in 3 years or, like the past two coaches, fail and be gone. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. The cuse will be looking for another coach in 3 years.

What does age have to do with it? Are you saying Syracuse should look for an old guy who wants to retire to upstate New York because he likes cross-country skiing to work, and will coach Syracuse indefinitely for the privilege of living there? If so, Paul Pasqualoni is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom