ACC considers upping exit fee | The Boneyard

ACC considers upping exit fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
ACC officials, presidents and athletic directors have said repeatedly that all 12 schools are fully committed to the current membership. There is no indication that has changed...

I guess we'll see by the results of the vote.

Reaction Score
I find it kinda funny that in every quote I read from ACC AD's they talk about how committed they are to the ACC. They are so committed that they may increase the penalty for not being committed to demonstrate how committed they truly are. The one action seems to contradict the other statements. If youre so committed then why the need ti increase the exit fee? Reminds me of the scene from "A Few Good Men". Why the two orders.

Kaffee: Colonel, I have just one more question before I call Airman O'Malley and Airman Rodriguez. If you gave an order that Santiago wasn't to be touched, and your orders are always followed, then why would Santiago be in danger? Why would it be necessary to transfer him off the base?
Jessep: Santiago was a substandard Marine. He was being transferred because--
Kaffee: That is not what you said, you said he was being transferred because he was in grave danger.
Jessep: That's correct.
Kaffee: You said he was in danger, I said "grave danger?" You said "is there another kind?"--
Jessep: I recall what I said--
Kaffee: I can have the court reporter read back to you--
Jessep: I know what I said! I don't have to have it read back to me like I'm--!
Kaffee: Then why the two orders? Colonel?
Jessep: Sometimes men take matters into their own hands.
Kaffee: No, Sir. You made it clear a moment ago that your men never take matters in to their own hands. Your men follow orders or people die. So Santiago shouldn't have been in any danger at all, should he have, Colonel?
Jessep: You snotty little bastard.
Ross: Your Honor, I'd like to ask for a recess!
Kaffee: I'd like an answer to the question, Judge.
Judge: The court will wait for an answer.
Kaffee: If Lt. Kendrick gave an order that Santiago wasn't to be touched, then why did he have to be transferred? Colonel? Lt. Kendrick ordered the Code Red, didn't he, because that's what you told Lt. Kendrick to do!
Ross: Object!
Kaffee: And when it went bad, you cut these guys loose!
Judge: Lt. Kaffee!
Kaffee: You got Markinson to sign a phony transfer order! You doctored the log books!
Ross: Dammit, Kaffee!
Kaffee: You coerced the doctor!
Judge: Consider yourself in contempt!
Kaffee: Colonel Jessep, did you order the code red?!
Judge: You don't have to answer that question!
Jessep: I'll answer the question. You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.
Jessep: You want answers?!
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?! You, Lieutenant Weinberg?! I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall! You need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said, "Thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?
Jessep: I did the job I was sent to do--
Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?!
Jessep: You're god damn right I did!!

Reaction Score
I feel its in ACCs best interest to go back down to a 10 team league. Their championship game is a total failure and their basketball is not what it used to be because of the lack of home and home. If I were them, I would try to convince BCU and possibly Miami to go back to the Big East. I don't think its so far fetched and I'm sure the Big East would take those two programs back. Miami might appreciate the change of scenery.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
BC was so committed to the BE that it agreed to raise the exit fee before exiting, and then claimed the new exit fee wasn't yet in effect. A&M would supposedly have to pay a fee over $20 million if held to the agreement from last year, but is negotiating it down. So exit fees are honored about as much as a coach's contract.

Reaction Score
Instead of Kansas, K-State, etc, maybe we should take G-Tech, UNC or NC State and UMD.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't fully remember the details as to why BC wasn't liable for the raised exit fees (I believe part of the issue was that while the vote passed unanimously after Miami & VT left, BC abstained) but I imagine that unless there is a unanimous vote by the ACC with full participation, this won't do anything.

More info:
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/297937

Evidently VT is keeping their eyes open.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i dont want bc or miami. thats not a hate thing, it pure what this conf needs. they both have bad bball, who cares about that, tcu started playing bball yesterday it looks like.
bc fball is in major decline, one reason uconn continues to grow so quick is that the only other program in new england to route for/play for is in a different league which gives ppl different reasons for thing and different opinions. if were in the same league then were on the same playing field and guess what, they have been around for 100 more years so they win becuase tradition is everything. they dont carry the boston mk period. there fanbase is dying, they can't pack there stadium, what was that free tix last week? come on already.
miami fball is always the same, good recruits, always pre season top 20 hype then squat. now that program is going to be a mess for 5-10 years after the ncaa hammers them. they won't be great fball to add for years. there fanbase is dying slowly down there also.

The BE needs fball ready schools, not problem childs. those 2 would be a rough 5-10 years before things are back together.tcu may not go undefeated and win a NC in year 1 to 5, but they will be a bowl team every year and they gives the BE a mk and fanbase worthy. future(10 years)- by then more expansion and a new tv contract will be all the rage again. those 2 schools stinking it up won't help the BE cause, tcu and some other can help. i would take any of uva/vt/ncst/md/clemson/unc/gt/fsu from the acc if they came. duke doesn't help fball as much as the bball program is good, we need fball ehlp and mk help asap. they dont fill that req for us, either does wake/bc/miami. sorry to pick on the private schools or w/e but just being real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom