OT: - ACC conf tourney will not include all teams | The Boneyard

OT: ACC conf tourney will not include all teams

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
not a big deal, the Big East used to exclude the bottom 4.
I remember the day we got passed over for the ACC, and then yet again, and again… thought it might be the end of the good old days.

And looking back now, maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Monetarily we might have lost but with all those championship rings we now have and recently reminded by watching Syracuse storm court by beating UNC - wow - let the ACC continue path to mediocrity. FSU is only the beginning. And Pitt/BC/VA they are footnotes where they used to be the lead story…

Reaction Score
I remember the day we got passed over for the ACC, and then yet again, and again… thought it might be the end of the good old days.

And looking back now, maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Monetarily we might have lost but with all those championship rings we now have and recently reminded by watching Syracuse storm court by beating UNC - wow - let the ACC continue path to mediocrity. FSU is only the beginning. And Pitt/BC/VA they are footnotes where they used to be the lead story…
fun narrative.

Reaction Score
If I were an ACC fan I'd be more angsty about the conference schedule going forward. Each team will have 2 dedicated rivals they play home and away, the rest of the teams they play once :eek:

Reaction Score
You have to imagine that this might affect recruiting on some level for bottom teams.

If you were a lower tier recruit and had the choice between BC or a MAC school and wanted to further your career in basketball, maybe you go to place where you have a shot to play in the NCAA tournament. I get that you can always transfer out, and that a BC education is worth a lot more, I just think this news might have a minimal impact on recruiting

Reaction Score
You have to imagine that this might affect recruiting on some level for bottom teams.

If you were a lower tier recruit and had the choice between BC or a MAC school and wanted to further your career in basketball, maybe you go to place where you have a shot to play in the NCAA tournament. I get that you can always transfer out, and that a BC education is worth a lot more, I just think this news might have a minimal impact on recruiting
if you want to maximize a potential career in basketball you play at the highest possible competitive level commensurate with your skill.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Even now, if you want to further your career as a basketball player you don’t choose BC.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Even now, if you want to further your career as a basketball player you don’t choose BC.

I agree if you're a 4 plus star recruit. But a 2 star not getting any offers might want to play versus dook or UNC.

The conference has value.

My point is that now recruits might be concerned with not being able to play in a tournament, if ever.

That big

Reaction Score
Honestly, though, would you really care if Georgetown was left out of the Big East tournament? Or DePaul? 2 NIT teams get to pad their resumes against the equivalent of MEAC teams. Big deal.

Reaction Score
Honestly, though, would you really care if Georgetown was left out of the Big East tournament? Or DePaul? 2 NIT teams get to pad their resumes against the equivalent of MEAC teams. Big deal.

We don't, but they do.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
fun narrative.
For us boomers watching the once mighty Cuse get all giddy over beating another team in the regular season conference play - so much so that they storm the court? well it was a defining moment of how the once mighty have fallen into the middling D 1 programs. And the ACC football that was supposed to be so great? Teetering with departure of Florida State.

So happy we are where we are. I’ll take the independent D1 Football w/ no playoff and watching us rack up the rings in Basketball. Syracuse, VT, BC, Pitt can be seen on the ACC Network that less and less people are watching.

Reaction Score
For us boomers watching the once mighty Cuse get all giddy over beating another team in the regular season conference play - so much so that they storm the court? well it was a defining moment of how the once mighty have fallen into the middling D 1 programs. And the ACC football that was supposed to be so great? Teetering with departure of Florida State.

So happy we are where we are. I’ll take the independent D1 Football w/ no playoff and watching us rack up the rings in Basketball. Syracuse, VT, BC, Pitt can be seen on the ACC Network that less and less people are watching.
I guess you missed when we stormed the court just a few short years ago after a win? Four ACC teams in the final football Top 25 is not "teetering". What is teetering is our entire football program stuck in a wasteland of independence, while you gloat about championships in a sport that doesn't move the needle in the college conference power game and generates measly funding for the rest of the athletic department. You're going to gloat about conference network viewership compared to a conference that doesn't even have a conference network? Big East is a nice layaway spot on the way to a better destination.

Reaction Score
I guess you missed when we stormed the court just a few short years ago after a win? Four ACC teams in the final football Top 25 is not "teetering". What is teetering is our entire football program stuck in a wasteland of independence, while you gloat about championships in a sport that doesn't move the needle in the college conference power game and generates measly funding for the rest of the athletic department. You're going to gloat about conference network viewership compared to a conference that doesn't even have a conference network? Big East is a nice layaway spot on the way to a better destination.
Have you seen some of the ratings for New Big East basketball on FS1. Games on FS2 usually have more people in the seats than watching. And you know the NEWBIE tournament typically finished behind the P5 conferences and one or 2 mid-majors, right? Last year the Noob final was behind the P5, the AAC, the A10 and the WAC. There is some saying about glass houses and throwing stones

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'd still rather be in the ACC playing against flagship state u's than in this version of the BE.
Pre first ACC raid was just the best
Agreed 1000000% The OBE was a great conference in the later years when considering football, soccer and baseball also. The NBE is a shell of what the BE used to be. UConn needs to get out and into a P5 asap. At least there will be no need for CBSSN.............................

Reaction Score

Careful about dissing Syracuse fans for rushing the court. Didn’t we rush the court when we beat Villanova in the game Hurley get tossed?

Reaction Score
Careful about dissing Syracuse fans for rushing the court. Didn’t we rush the court when we beat Villanova in the game Hurley get tossed?
Point taken but then again, we were in the AAC for a stretch that was like purgatory. Syracuse and others went to the mighty ACC and now look at them.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
For all the young BY’s you will see it come full circle. As a country we are making the same mistakes we made in the early 1900’s when monopolies ran the business world. Eventually the big conference trend will implode from its own greed. Not saying college sports will be what they were in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s but the monopoly conferences will fail. I am not religious but I still believe greed is always becomes a problem. More and more is not always better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom