ACC coming for MSG now too | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC coming for MSG now too

Reaction Score
and perhaps more importantly a state population of 9M.

And +40,000 undergraduates of a AAU university that has a 52,000 seat football stadium roughly 40 miles from Times Square. Location, location, location.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And +40,000 undergraduates of a AAU university that has a 52,000 seat football stadium roughly 40 miles from Times Square. Location, location, location.
... and contiguous to an existing Big Ten state.

RU was the right choice for the B1G everywhere but on the field or the court.

Reaction Score
Again , like other posters have stated earlier in this thread, just remember the crowd for that Sunday afternoon elite 8 game against Michigan st And how live the crowd was - fully packed with uconn fans.

Reaction Score
You know, in spite of all of that, I never get stuck in game day traffic. So weird. You’d think I would with all of those people dying to go to Rutgers...

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
If the ACC wants MSG, they should go to the Chinese place in the mall.

Reaction Score
The thing with the ACC tournament in Greensboro is that is the centerpiece of the entire town - almost any single event in NYC, the city just swallows it up - unless you've got a Rangers, Knicks, Mets, Yankees championships series where they are playing some of the games at home.

Nevermind the proximity to those legacy cornerstone schools in the ACC - Duke, State, Carolina, Wake, Clemson - they were all original members of the conference. I'll toss UVA in there because they joined the ACC about 2 months after it was formed.

I get the reason to chase MSG, especially because of the expansion schools and it will sell out, but it just seems odd.

Reaction Score
Greensboro is big for the ACC, donors and impact and everything. It won’t ever leave for long. But certainly spreading the love to far flung places looks good. Just not Florida again.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I know it’s a little off topic but I think the AAC tournament should’ve nailed down Orlando as its tournament site for the forseeable future. It’s a place where fans and teams would actually like traveling too.

Reaction Score
I know it’s a little off topic but I think the AAC tournament should’ve nailed down Orlando as its tournament site for the forseeable future. It’s a place where fans and teams would actually like traveling too.

Memphis is a significantly better option. No one in central Florida cares about basketball. 2014 in Memphis attendance was 63k, 2016 in Orlando was 38k.

Reaction Score
Fort Worth from 2020-2022 was a good idea in my opinion. The conference tournament needs to be in place where fans can actually drive to games. Orlando has a ton of flights, but a lot of these fans don't want to fly. Having it in Fort Worth make it possible for Witchia State, (they do travel) Tulsa, SMU, Houston to travel to games. If Memphis is good they will send fans as well.

Reaction Score
God, no. That airport is the worst. You would think that with all the tourism and conventions they would have scaled up the airport.
Nope, it sucks.
I hate Orlando.

Reaction Score
How many schools from the big 10 and ACC would have their fan bases travel? Maybe 4 in each, if that. And for the Big East, maybe 6 teams due to proximity if they can get their crap together. UConn added to either conference is nothing but a benefit
I went to the ACC tourney last year in New York.. Brooklyn, NY and it was well represented by every school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom