Ga TECH @ MICHIGAN STATE

PENN STATE @ SYRACUSE

IOWA @ LOUISVILLE

NORTHWESTERN @ VPI

WISCONSIN @ MIAMI

A few interesting matchups....

I colored who I think will win.

9-5 ACC
I have a couple objections to your predictions, but in general agree with them.

I think Indiana will beat BC, who just lost to Maine!! Indiana has played no one, but BC always disappoints. Tyra Buss is playing great for Indiana as a freshman.

NC State has shown nothing this season, except that they really miss their frontcourt. I think disappointing Minnesota beats disappointing NC St. Wes Moore is a good coach, but I think he is focused on the long term, not the short term, so NC St. is really vulnerable early in the season.

I agree that Louisville should beat Iowa, who lost by 10 to Arkansas. But Louisville's only top 100 win was against Western Kentucky, so that causes me pause. And maybe, just maybe, Arkansas is actually decent this year! But my pick is Louisville as well.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
I have a couple objections to your predictions, but in general agree with them.

I think Indiana will beat BC, who just lost to Maine!! Indiana has played no one, but BC always disappoints. Tyra Buss is playing great for Indiana as a freshman.

NC State has shown nothing this season, except that they really miss their frontcourt. I think disappointing Minnesota beats disappointing NC St. Wes Moore is a good coach, but I think he is focused on the long term, not the short term, so NC St. is really vulnerable early in the season.

I agree that Louisville should beat Iowa, who lost by 10 to Arkansas. But Louisville's only top 100 win was against Western Kentucky, so that causes me pause. And maybe, just maybe, Arkansas is actually decent this year! But my pick is Louisville as well.

Yep, I think you nailed it, though I wouldn't say NC State is disappointing, as much as it's where we expected them to be this season. I would be surprised if NC State beats Minny. We have a lot of options at the guard position, but we're so outmatched on the inside and have really struggled with teams with even mediocre post players. Our hope is that our 6-5 center Sara Boric from Bosnia gets cleared to play this season and makes an immediate contribution. She was listed in the score book in the Bahamas, so perhaps she'll get her first action against the Gophers.

Reaction Score
For those who have BTN, that network will carry the
Nebraska/Duke game on Wednesday and the
UNC/Rutgers game on Thursday.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No Elizabeth Williams again tonight..... gonna be a battle tonight with the Huskers

Duke is starting 3 freshman tonight.... 2 new starters

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke has played some interesting lineups...

right now its 5 freshman on the floor for duke vs 4 seniors and a junior for Nebraska

Is Williams' ankle that bad?

Hope she is back for Sunday.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Somewhere out there.... UCONNChappette is smiling

Shows what I know about picking games :oops:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Duke may be inconsistent with all their youth and questionable guard play but, between their zone and overwhelming size, are going to be dangerous any given game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke may be inconsistent with all their youth and questionable guard play but, between their zone and overwhelming size, are going to be dangerous any given game.

Another good experience for our youngsters on the road in front of a large and active crowd.... I thought the Huskers were gonna blow us out early when they got up 22-9.. but we fought back.

Oh well... on to South Carolina :oops:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Coach P keeps having learning experiences. But can she put those to use? Or is the lesson simply the other team is better than us?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
All tied up 6-6..... coming down to the last two games

Louisville smashed Iowa :eek:

Reaction Score
these inter-conference games are fun. maybe the AAC could set up inter-conference with,say, the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom