ACC-BIG 10 CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A little housekeeping.

[...]

4. While leaving the all caps in this thread title so the aforesaid exchange will still make sense, I did remove OT here and from a few other titles. People are over-using the OT designation. While the main focus here is obviously a certain team, anything about women's basketball (college, prep, pro, international) is on-topic.

Thanks for this clarification.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
So what does OT/OT mean? (besides the number 1)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
IMO I believe if SC played ND this week they would blow ND away. Now, maybe later on it would be different but, right now, I think SC is better. I believe they are underrated.

Which is why I'd like to see more top 10 teams play each other in their OCC. ENOUGH with the cupcakes and Twinkies already!!. Play some real teams that are your equal in talent and size. Some teams act like they're scared to play a ranked team. They load up on home games against Division 2 teams and mid-majors. I wish the selection team in basketball would do like they're doing in football.

Strength of schedule means everything now. You can't dictate who you play in conference, but you sure can in your out of conference games. Leave the sweets alone. Man up, and play some top ranked teams. At least 60% of their OOC could be against top 15 programs.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ACC wins.. again.

Maryland beating Louisville was offset by Miami's upset at Ohio State

Interesting... 10 of the 13 games so far have been won by the visiting team..... imma go ahead an count UNC impending victory over Wisconsin

didnt quite stomp them as much as they should have :oops:

Miami's upset at Ohio State is mitigated by the fact that Mavunga didn't play.

Rutgers, Wisconsin and Illinois are surely competing with BC for worst P5 team in the country.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So what does OT/OT mean? (besides the number 1)
Off Topic - meaning not on the topic of women's/girls basketball - if this is truly a question. Or are you asking is OT OT like Off Off Broadway - meaning back on Broadway, but in a more modest production space than your typical Broadway star studded musical. In which case, I have no idea! :eek:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Rutgers, Wisconsin and Illinois are surely competing with BC for worst P5 team in the country.
I think you need to sneak around the basement of some of the other P5s for others in that race - do not be fooled by a gaudy W/L record against the depths of D1 bottom feeders in some of the teams records.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Off Topic - meaning not on the topic of women's/girls basketball - if this is truly a question. Or are you asking is OT OT like Off Off Broadway - meaning back on Broadway, but in a more modest production space than your typical Broadway star studded musical. In which case, I have no idea! :eek:
I'm talking about the fact that OT is doubled. Or a ratio? I see this from time to time. Maybe it's just @JavaMan .

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the fact that OT is doubled. Or a ratio? I see this from time to time. Maybe it's just @JavaMan .
I believe it is just JavaMan. :) But, I'll share.

Explanation: Some time ago I was called out for not starting a post with "OT" (off topic). I was informed that if the topic of the post was not about UConn WBB, it should start with OT, which I now make every attempt to adhere to.

However, from time to time I found myself posting threads that kinda did, and kinda didn't, pertain to UConn WBB. For instance, I have posted humorous tweets of the day that didn't pertain to basketball, but that were tweeted by Rebecca Lobo, or Kiah Stokes, for example, who as we know are both part of UConn WBB.

Sooo, I came up with OT/OT to cover my backside. OT/OT therefore, is my way of designating a post that is BOTH "off topic" and "on topic." Up until now, as far as I know, no one has mentioned it or asked me about it. Kudos to Herr Gustav for remembering that he saw it next to the JavaMan. :cool:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I believe it is just JavaMan. :) But, I'll share.

Explanation: Some time ago I was called out for not starting a post with "OT" (off topic). I was informed that if the topic of the post was not about UConn WBB, it should start with OT, which I now make every attempt to adhere to.

However, from time to time I found myself posting threads that kinda did, and kinda didn't, pertain to UConn WBB. For instance, I have posted humorous tweets of the day that didn't pertain to basketball, but that were tweeted by Rebecca Lobo, or Kiah Stokes, for example, who as we know are both part of UConn WBB.

Sooo, I came up with OT/OT to cover my backside. OT/OT therefore, is my way of designating a post that is BOTH "off topic" and "on topic." Up until now, as far as I know, no one has mentioned it or asked me about it. Kudos to Herr Gustav for remembering that he saw it next to the JavaMan. :cool:

Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to seeing more of your topic toggler as the season rolls on.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to seeing more of your topic toggler as the season rolls on.
Pleased. But feel free to join in. I can't get credit for starting a movement unless there is a little movement. :rolleyes:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Pleased. But feel free to join in. I can't get credit for starting a movement unless there is a little movement. :rolleyes:
Movements can be hard to bring to fruition. Witness my 10th Symphony.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Even without Mavunga, Ohio State is way more talented than Miami.... and they played in Columbus.. though not sure if that means much.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
So I suppose your 10th didn't have four movements either.
No. Alas, it remains unfinished. Frankly, I can't remember how many it had. I've been dead a long time. I think it was two, but maybe I'm thinking of Schubert (definitely two).

Too lazy to look it up. :p

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Interesting match-up's. St John's women basketball team was the last team to beat UConn women on a last second shot by 1 pt. The reward for that victory was the coach from St.John's being offered the coach's job at Michigan, which she gladly accepted. Geno had helped her coaching in NYC, which payed off, 'Big Time'. Can't remember her name, her husband was the assistant coach. (Rico- ? )

That would be Kim Barnes Arico
I think that game ended one of UCONN's most impressive streaks since stats were being recorded....the long, long streak of games against unranked teams...Wikipedia says 19 years or 261 games. St. John's also ended our 99 game home winning streak, the longest such streak in WCBB

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Even without Mavunga, Ohio State is way more talented than Miami.... and they played in Columbus.. though not sure if that means much.
If you overlook their lack of good defense they have more talent. Teams with just average talent can easily score against them. I don't under stand why their coach does not teach them better defense.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
But unlike the crude Mr. Emery (who does he think he is, the site owner?) I've lately taken to just quietly changing the titles to initial caps, figuring people will get the message that way.

Jeez, I'm relieved to know he's not an important guy -- since I recently called him "an old poop" because he called out some poor soul for having the tomemeryty to use ALL CAPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom