ACC Announces End-of-Year Awards | The Boneyard

ACC Announces End-of-Year Awards

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Like usual, they have both the "Blue Ribbon" and the Head Coaches panels.
Exec. Summary:
Player of Year: Dana Evans, Louisville (both)
Rookie of the Year: Kamilla Cardoso, Syracuse (Blue Ribbon), Maddy Westbeld, Notre Dame (Coaches)
Coach of the Year: Nell Fortner, Georgia Tech (Blue Ribbon), Wes Moore, NC State (Coaches)
Co-Defensive Players of the Year (Coaches Only): Lorela Cubaj, Georgia Tech; Kamilla Cardoso, Syracuse
Co-Sixth Players of the Year (Coaches Only): Jada Boyd, NC State; Emily Engstler, Syracuse
Most Improved Player of the Year (coaches only): Lotta Mahj-Lahtinen, Georgia Tech

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like usual, they have both the "Blue Ribbon" and the Head Coaches panels.
Exec. Summary:
Player of Year: Dana Evans, Louisville (both)
Rookie of the Year: Kamilla Cardoso, Syracuse (Blue Ribbon), Maddy Westbeld, Notre Dame (Coaches)
Coach of the Year: Nell Fortner, Georgia Tech (Blue Ribbon), Wes Moore, NC State (Coaches)
Co-Defensive Players of the Year (Coaches Only): Lorela Cubaj, Georgia Tech; Kamilla Cardoso, Syracuse
Co-Sixth Players of the Year (Coaches Only): Jada Boyd, NC State; Emily Engstler, Syracuse
Most Improved Player of the Year (coaches only): Lotta Mahj-Lahtinen, Georgia Tech

ACC got these generally correct in my opinion.

Calling it now: NC State’s Jakia Brown-Turner is going to be ACC POY next year. Her ceiling is high and she’s improved quite a bit already. Thoughts, @LETTERL?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
ACC got these generally correct in my opinion.

Calling it now: NC State’s Jakia Brown-Turner is going to be ACC POY next year. Her ceiling is high and she’s improved quite a bit already. Thoughts, @LETTERL?
She very well could be; definitely has the potential. Since her off game in our loss to UNC, she has been a completely different player (which makes me think that maybe on that day, she just wasn't feeling well; it was definitely an anomaly for JBT). Elissa Cunane is also going to make a run for POY...and it's likely that Jada Boyd will move into a starting role next season, so she could follow in the Dana Evans footprint of going from 6th man of the year to POY.

The ACC has lots of talent...and the POY may not come from NC State next season. There will be lots of candidates. This year's crop of newcomers seems especially talented...and one of them may step up and elevate their games over all others.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why there are 2 sets of awards- Blue Ribbon Panel (who are they and why do they matter?) and the Coaches votes? I don't get it with this league-why do they have to be different? Oh yeah, they think they're relevant in WCBB...but they aren't...3 titles in 39 years...

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why there are 2 sets of awards- Blue Ribbon Panel (who are they and why do they matter?) and the Coaches votes? I don't get it with this league-why do they have to be different? Oh yeah, they think they're relevant in WCBB...but they aren't...3 titles in 39 years...
Blue Ribbon is ACC media/reporters. Just something they've had for a while.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Blue Ribbon is ACC media/reporters. Just something they've had for a while.
I had hemorrhoids for a while too but I got rid of them... ;)

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ok, @Dillon77 has had a great influence over me here as I about to state, what the heck is that bloody Blue Panel looking at? I mean Cardoso is nice and improving but Westbeld is the FOY (however with more games Miles might be as impressive or more so!). Plus Wes Moore clearly was the coach of the year here. Nell did a great job last year but the placement improvement of 3rd place had more to do with the rest of the ACC being terrible than any great coaching job by Nell. GT went 5-4 in February with losses to BC, NC and WF. Come on, really?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom