ACC 2023 Off-Season and Season Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC 2023 Off-Season and Season Predictions

Reaction Score
@cancontent

I was being serious. I dont want to finish in 10th, cause that would mean a Wednesday afternoon ACC Tournament game.... And Wednesdays in Greensboro are normally reserved for the dregs like Wake Forest, Pitt, Clemson, and usually BC and UVA. No offense to fans of the dregs.
I think more like 7th or 8th.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess that means you're placing FSU as 5th ?

1. ND
2. VPI
3. That school that wears the disgusting shade of blue that has its campus in Orange County, NC
4. F$U
5. Louisville
6. State
7. Miami
8. UVA
9. Syracuse
10. Duke
11. Clemson
12. Wake Forest
13. Boston College
14. Ga Tech
15. Pitt

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The contract with the ACC to host the WBB ended in the Spring, and there was a bit of consternation among some folk about the location of the 2024 tournament....

Imma have to get my tickets extra early this year, I messed around and waited too late this past tournament, and had to sit upstairs surrounded by riff-raff and loud kids :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This should be interesting

You know what this means.... first trip of the season to Daily Donuts

giphy.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
3. That school that wears the disgusting shade of blue that has its campus in Orange County, NC
Are you okay? I can't believe you'd put them this high.

Reaction Score
1. ND
2. VPI
4. F$U
5. Louisville
6. State
7. Miami
8. UVA
9. Syracuse
10. Duke
11. Clemson
12. Wake Forest
13. Boston College
14. Ga Tech
15. Pitt
I think VPI is a clear #1 and until we know when and in what condition a certain guard will be returning I can't rate ND as #2 (although some might say they're always #2). I don't see F$U that high either and I think Miami will be a surprise this year. I'm also not sold on State but until they start playing some meaningful games it's really hard to say.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think VPI is a clear #1 and until we know when and in what condition a certain guard will be returning I can't rate ND as #2 (although some might say they're always #2). I don't see F$U that high either and I think Miami will be a surprise this year. I'm also not sold on State but until they start playing some meaningful games it's really hard to say.
The "certain guard" just let people know how she's doing. If she's bringing up the S. Carolina game, maybe there's a chance she could be ready to roll for the ACC portion of the season. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Liked this article. I'll be interested to see how much of the bench Brooks uses this season. It's a lot of young players but seem very talented.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Liked this article. I'll be interested to see how much of the bench Brooks uses this season. It's a lot of you get players but seem very talented.

Her ability to play multiple positions could help. After redshirting her last year and losing Amoore after this season, it would behoove Brooks to get her some real PT for the future (if she's up to the task and it seems like she will be).

Reaction Score
The "certain guard" just let people know how she's doing. If she's bringing up the S. Carolina game, maybe there's a chance she could be ready to roll for the ACC portion of the season. Stay tuned.

While I'm with you in hoping she's coming back sooner than most people thought, this article has somewhat dampened that hope. With redshirting still a possibility, providing any suggestion of a timeline doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score
@cancontent

I was being serious. I dont want to finish in 10th, cause that would mean a Wednesday afternoon ACC Tournament game.... And Wednesdays in Greensboro are normally reserved for the dregs like Wake Forest, Pitt, Clemson, and usually BC and UVA. No offense to fans of the dregs.
Offense taken while humbly acknowledging your point... non-contenders might have been kinder. I just have hard time thinking of great colleges like Wake, Clemson, UVA, Pitt and BC as 'dregs.';)

Reaction Score
Offense taken while humbly acknowledging your point... non-contenders might have been kinder. I just have hard time thinking of great colleges like Wake, Clemson, UVA, Pitt and BC as 'dregs.';)
I’ll agree with you on 4 outta 5

Dillon77

Reaction Score
While I'm with you in hoping she's coming back sooner than most people thought, this article has somewhat dampened that hope. With redshirting still a possibility, providing any suggestion of a timeline doesn't make sense to me.

Like @UConnCat notes below, there seems to be the really optimistic hope (Miles) and the pragmatic/pessimistic approach (Ivey).
Many of us have assumed that Miles -- who has the rights to what can/can't be said about her health status -- would be the one who announced exactly where she stood. Her "stand-around" comments came out first, I believe. But then Ivey's interview with Horka dropped, which gives a whole lot of leeway. This is kind of back to the frustrating "hurry up and wait" reality that has happened, really, since 'Liv went down to the floor in Louisville.

The positive development on Miles' front is that she is active on her legs at practice (how much so, ???) However, her "not rush it" and Ivey's redshirt suggestion is falls a few steps back from where most Benchers were hoping. And the other solid news is that Hannah Hidalgo is on board. Having an incoming player of her capabilities sure beats having to move your natural wing (Citron) turned Long-range gunner into a point guard at playoff time.

The long-term injuries are just uggh for early optimism. I don't have to tell any UConn fan about that the last few years.
So, until a "MissourI-show me" situation happens ('Liv playing), I'm going with the Hidalgo is the main point guard for the ND Fighting Irish until further notice.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

No offense intended. Perhaps Dregs was too harsh, how about perennial cellar dwellers :eek::oops:

Nothing but respect for those long time ACC schools.... You got a great flagship in UVA, the best college in South Carolina, and a tremendous smaller university in Wake Forest. Not as familiar with Pitt and BC

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
1) If I didn't know any better, I'd think the above poster is trying to trigger me.

2) We really need to bring back the dislike button.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Syracuse Coach Legette-Jack Not With Team Following Medical Procedure

From syracuse.com (via Raoul):
"Syracuse, N.Y. -- Syracuse University announced Thursday that women’s basketball coach Felisha Legette-Jack is not currently coaching the team after undergoing an undisclosed medical procedure.

"The school said that she is expected to return to coaching the team after she is cleared by her physician. It did not include an idea of when it expected that to occur. No interim head coach was named in her absence.

"Assistant coach Sue Ludwig represented the team during a radio appearance on Oct. 5 and was highlighted speaking to the team in practice on Oct. 10."

Dillon comment:
  • Sue Ludwig is a former teammate, friend and very successful high school coach who joined Legette-Jack at the 'Cuse.
  • Let's hope Coach "Jack" comes back in fine condition and ready to roll.

Reaction Score

Watched their first night replay on ACC Network. There is also footage of a recent practice on YouTube. I was super high on them before Toomey got injured. I'm not as high as them after watching these few on court activities. I know it's basically just practice but they still don't really have a lot of shooting/scoring. I like Lexi Donarski as a really great role player but I think they don't have someone who scores all that easy. I like Utsby as well but she struggles a bit shooting from the perimeter. My favorite player on the team who i always hype is Paulina Paris but now they have so many guards, I wonder if she'll get the playing time she needs to make a jump. They definitely are deeper and will have a good season, I just don't think they will be competing with the elite in the ACC

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Watched their first night replay on ACC Network. There is also footage of a recent practice on YouTube. I was super high on them before Toomey got injured. I'm not as high as them after watching these few on court activities. I know it's basically just practice but they still don't really have a lot of shooting/scoring. I like Lexi Donarski as a really great role player but I think they don't have someone who scores all that easy. I like Utsby as well but she struggles a bit shooting from the perimeter. My favorite player on the team who i always hype is Paulina Paris but now they have so many guards, I wonder if she'll get the playing time she needs to make a jump. They definitely are deeper and will have a good season, I just don't think they will be competing with the elite in the ACC

Paulina Paris is "up" from around my neck of the woods and was talked up a lot by folks on the AAU Circuit. From what I saw last year, it was deserved (she played well against ND). Like you, I think it would be a mistake to cut back on minutes, both for her individual development, but also the team. She can score and I'll be she becomes a leader, too.

In regards to personnel, good to have delpth, but sometimes it's a fine line: a little less can be more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom