ACC:... “The 4 teams they have added since 2013 are hurting more than helping.” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC:... “The 4 teams they have added since 2013 are hurting more than helping.”

Reaction Score
What’s worse is the ACC now adding SMU, Cal and Stanford. They should have considered UConn add. Now, not sure we would even want to join, especially with UNC and others likely to leave

Reaction Score
I get That everyone hates the ACC. But I think there are a couple of things that you really need to consider here. It is true that the additions to the ACC have declined in performance. But a couple of others have improved. Miami is one example. The other thing is Syracuse is kind of mis-characterized. They did go to the Final Four in 2016; and the Sweet16 in 2018 and 21, so portraying them as slouches is a little disintenuous. Their Hall of Fame coach just retired and we know how that can go, as does Villanova. The other thing is that these changes weren’t made for basketball. While I’m sure they are disappointed that Louisville and Pitt declined precipitously, the traditional powers are continuing and some newer ones are showing signs of becoming relevant again. UNC, Duke and Virginia are still good despite 2 HOF coaching changes, and Miami has improved., despite falling off this year. Wake and Clemson are making strides and are at least bubble teams. And as bad as there bad teams are, none approaches the awfulness that is Georgetown. And certainly none is even on the same planet as our token D3 member, the horror show known as DePaul*.

* Caution, the Surgeon General has determined that watching DePaul basketball may cause irreparable damage to your eyes.

Reaction Score
I get That everyone hates the ACC. But I think there are a couple of things that you really need to consider here. It is true that the additions to the ACC have declined in performance. But a couple of others have improved. Miami is one example. The other thing is Syracuse is kind of mis-characterized. They did go to the Final Four in 2016; and the Sweet16 in 2018 and 21, so portraying them as slouches is a little disintenuous. Their Hall of Fame coach just retired and we know how that can go, as does Villanova. The other thing is that these changes weren’t made for basketball. While I’m sure they are disappointed that Louisville and Pitt declined precipitously, the traditional powers are continuing and some newer ones are showing signs of becoming relevant again. UNC, Duke and Virginia are still good despite 2 HOF coaching changes, and Miami has improved., despite falling off this year. Wake and Clemson are making strides and are at least bubble teams. And as bad as there bad teams are, none approaches the awfulness that is Georgetown. And certainly none is even on the same planet as our token D3 member, the horror show known as DePaul*.

* Caution, the Surgeon General has determined that watching DePaul basketball may cause irreparable damage to your eyes.
Someone is certainly being disingenuous here. BC hasn't made the NCAA tournament in the past 15 seasons and they've never made a final 4.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh come on. What would the NBE be without Villanova and UConn?
Still better at basketball than you are at claiming to be a UConn fan. And better at basketball than you are at posting here.

You fight unfairly by presenting yourself at a disadvantage.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Someone is certainly being disingenuous here. BC hasn't made the NCAA tournament in the past 15 seasons and they've never made a final 4.
Hey, he said, "disintenuous."

Shh. Haven't you ever noticed that he soars above us like a lone Eagle?

Reaction Score

Check out their record since 2016

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom