2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis, Down to Eight Schools | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis, Down to Eight Schools

Reaction Score

We definitely got the highest praise out of the 8.

UConn: “UConn just felt different when I went on my visit. It was amazing. The players are really bought in over there. The coaching staff is super serious but they know when to joke. It just felt different. The practices were really quick. It felt kind’ve pro-ish. It felt different. So that was a really good unofficial and just a great school in general. They win, and you want to be in a winning culture.”

Reaction Score
UConn: “Coach [Dan] Hurley is a great guy. He’s super straightforward, which I like, and I need a coach like that to tell me when to tell me when I mess up or what to improve on; he has a good balance of that, and the guys really love him. It’s different there, going on the unofficial; the practices were the best I’ve seen: [they have] a great pace and the guys were all locked in, so that was great to see. And, obviously, they win, and you want to be in a winning program with winning culture and one that values their guards.”

Reaction Score
The staff won’t have any problem addressing Acadens ‘wants’ in a program.

“The culture of the school will be big for me. I want to see how they talk to the top guy, their second guy, their thirteenth guy. See how they treat their managers and everyone in the program. The roster will be big too. WIth the portal and everything going on there, I want to go into a family environment where I know the coaches are invested in me.”

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Here’s another update with 247:

What he’s looking for:

"Roster is very important for me, I want to play," Lewis said. "I'm not there to sit behind a bunch of people they have at the guard spot. The roster is really important along with my relationship with the head coach. NIL is cool but my main focus is playing and being somewhere where I think I'll be comfortable, where I belong and where it feels like a family."

Thoughts on UConn:

UConn: "They're back-to-back national champions which is appealing. Coach Hurley, Coach Kimani and his staff are great people and it was great going up there for my visit. The practice is different, the pace is great and I just enjoyed it. I can see myself going there and really getting better. There's also not much else to do there than to play basketball and get better. I like that."

Reaction Score
Suprised no Kentucky. Dont think he is Dukes plan A or B, so have to imagine we are in good shape. Not sure how the staff is planning to handle all the guards we are on in terms of priority.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he loves us, but I wonder if it comes down to who else is still here next year for us. If Mahaney, Nowell, and Ball (and say Thomas coming in) are here, is that too much guard roster competition if he's the 5th guy for his freshman year?

Reaction Score
Sounds like he loves us, but I wonder if it comes down to who else is still here next year for us. If Mahaney, Nowell, and Ball (and say Thomas coming in) are here, is that too much guard roster competition if he's the 5th guy for his freshman year?
I’d imagine it would be. But Mahaney could potentially head to the draft, and Karaban, McNeely and Stewart as well. Could be Nowell, Ball, Thomas (hopefully), Ross and Abraham left. 3 positions to get time at with 5 guys isn’t a huge logjam.

awy

Reaction Score
hurley's been selling kids on the quality of UConn's practice and the concrete and individualized player dev plans. He does sound like he's buying into that pitch. This plus a multiple ballhandler, more extended rotation with more minutes going around should lessen the concern about competition for minutes.

Reaction Score

Somebody (or two somebodies) getting drafted.

And tbh in the age of the wild west portal... a kid of his caliber should have no concerns.

Reaction Score
We definitely got the highest praise out of the 8.

UConn: “UConn just felt different when I went on my visit. It was amazing. The players are really bought in over there. The coaching staff is super serious but they know when to joke. It just felt different. The practices were really quick. It felt kind’ve pro-ish. It felt different. So that was a really good unofficial and just a great school in general. They win, and you want to be in a winning culture.”
When this staff gets a guy on campus, it’s not wise to ever bet against them.

Reaction Score
Innnnnteresting…

Bahaha, it's hard to pick out the funniest part of this because it's all gold. The basketball equivilant of getting turned down in high school by a hot girl because you're an ugly loser.

"Georgetown is a really great guy, but I don't think we should date because that would just ruin the great friendship we have. But that doesn't take anything way from what an incredible person Georgetown is. I love him, but just as friends."

Bahahahaha.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Bahaha, it's hard to pick out the funniest part of this because it's all gold. The basketball equivilant of getting turned down in high school by a hot girl because you're an ugly loser.

"Georgetown is a really great guy, but I don't think we should date because that would just ruin the great friendship we have. But that doesn't take anything way from what an incredible person Georgetown is. I love him, but just as friends."

Bahahahaha.
how about as a friend with benefits?

Reaction Score

Bahahahaha.

Mine was: "I don't want to get in the way of your dreams."

Elizabeth, if you're reading this, I knew it was a lie. I was a 5'10 145lb basketball player. We all knew I wasn't playing professionally.

Reaction Score
Mine was: "I don't want to get in the way of your dreams."

Elizabeth, if you're reading this, I knew it was a lie. I was a 5'10 145lb basketball player. We all knew I wasn't playing professionally.
The real slim shady.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom