Abu | The Boneyard

Abu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was my big time recruit last year. Ollie was on him big time. Oh what could have been...

Reaction Score
He was my big time recruit last year. Ollie was on him big time. Oh what could have been...
Anyone know how/why we lost him? He was the one I wanted too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not enjoying his performance this evening.

Sadly, he's good.

Reaction Score
I'm not enjoying his performance this evening.

Sadly, he's good.
We had a decent chance to get him, didn't we?? I seem to remember him leaning our way, but maybe I have that wrong

Reaction Score
We missed on Abu and settled for Lubin.

Yes, recruiting matters.

It's not like those who criticize Ollie and his staff's recruiting think we can ever do what Kentucky and Duke do and just name the amount of high school All Americans they sign.

But to lose a huge need to Mark Gottfried and NC State? Come on now.

Reaction Score
It kills me watching him. He's very raw offensively but he is a beast on the boards, great motor and is a jumping jack. He would be the perfect power forward for us.

Reaction Score
It kills me watching him. He's very raw offensively but he is a beast on the boards, great motor and is a jumping jack. He would be the perfect power forward for us.

He's the antithesis of the tentative string beans we have now.

Reaction Score
Uconn was big on Trevor Lacey too I believe.
My memory is a little fuzzy but I think he was a spring commitment, if we got him then Daniels doesn't commit later on since it was their last scholarship left. I'd say NC State ended up making out pretty well working in the Purvis for Lacey transfer swap...

Reaction Score
My memory is a little fuzzy but I think he was a spring commitment, if we got him then Daniels doesn't commit later on since it was their last scholarship left. I'd say NC State ended up making out pretty well working in the Purvis for Lacey transfer swap...
Lacey transferred from Alabama i believe

Reaction Score
Lacey transferred from Alabama i believe
Yes he did, but UConn was pursuing him out of HS after the title, I believe that is what upstater is referring to. Lacey committed to Alabama in May, Daniels in June. I don't know how serious the pursuit was since he never visited but there was UConn interest since they still had 1 scholarship left.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lacey and Abu was two that would hve been good fits at Uconn. We recruited them both. Really sick we missed out on Abu.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This was one of the few games that Abu looked good this year
Nova has no inside game so with his size, Abu looked good
Lets see what he can do vs a bigger team
All that said, I do wish he decided to be a Husky, I see a lot more upside to him than on some/all UConn's bigs at this point but lets see what next year brings

Reaction Score
This recruiting loss is one of the most painful. Think about how much more formidable our team would have been with just Abu. This NC State team seems to have great chemistry. I think sometimes kids just click with other kids sometimes on recruiting visits and the rest of the recruiting could and should haves go out the window.

Reaction Score
NC State is a weird team, they can beat any team in the ACC, but can get beat by anyone in the lower half of the league. I almost picked them over Nova in my bracket, but they are so inconsistent. Then again Nova sucks in the tourny.

Reaction Score
NC State is a weird team, they can beat any team in the ACC, but can get beat by anyone in the lower half of the league. I almost picked them over Nova in my bracket, but they are so inconsistent. Then again Nova sucks in the tourny.
For both of those reasons I had LSU beating State, then beating Nova

As far as the thread topic, my god what an animal.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
NC State picked Abu over Gary Clark. We'll see if that was right call in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom