about to pass out because...... | The Boneyard

about to pass out because......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
........I've been holding my breath so long for good news.

It's one thing to think we're the little engine that could.......but is the UConn engine running out of steam.

Obviously the conference situation is not good. Not too sure all the energetic speculations about future happenings will occur.

Talked to a journalist friend working for the business section of a major Fairfield county newspaper. Asked if he could put feelers out to Robert Burton in Greenwich how and what he feels about UConn's athletic future.......as a major investor (doner) in football ......businessman.....and fan. I'm hoping to hear there many be a glint of hope at the end of the dark tunnel that Burton may hint at. (he's interviewed Burton in the past

Also asked him what he thought about lack of TV contract as a journalist. He knows how difficult it is to get advertising dollars from a journalist point of view. I was hoping to breethe easier.

He suggested that now that Boise and San Diego State are not coming, and Rutgers and Louisville soon leaving, Syracuse and Pittsburg now gone........what is left will not attract many advertising dollars to support weekly televised broadcasts. He asked how many CUSA or MAC events are "game of the week"......and answered "not many". Might even be a tough sell for SNY.

No (very little) TV exposure, no (very little) chance of playing in a major bowl, trying to encourage recruits to choose this league over the ACC/BiG/ Big 12?

My lungs are about to burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22