About the Recruiting Poll thread I made: | The Boneyard

About the Recruiting Poll thread I made:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I didn't want to get this buried in that thread. By explanation, the reason I set up that poll was because I was curious to find out statistically the feeling of the population within the Boneyard about recruiting.

As we all know threads get hijacked. With regards to recruiting the most passionate twenty or so individuals thoroughly cover the topic even as they debate among themselves the same arguments repeatedly with no discernible change taking place within the camps. The pessimistic point out things like losses of recruits to "lessor" programs, CR, and staff. The optimistic point out APR, coaching changes, beginning to establish relationships and so on.

I'm in that latter camp. I have been optimistic from the beginning of KO's hire and there has not been enough evidence for me to change that feeling. It's just my opinion and I recognize that opinions aren't the same things as "factual" evidence.

The poll has been 75% or better in the optimistic category for most of it's duration. I found that interesting believing, based on the posts I've read regarding the topic, that it was more 50/50.

Of course I established the poll just prior to Sterling's official visit and I believe that skewed the voters more towards being optimistic than pessimistic. With his commitment I have no doubts the temperament in this forum has strongly swung towards optimism. This is predictable just as I believe it's predictable an unexpected miss with a recruit to another program, particularly a program with lesser cache, could swing the pendulum back the other way.

For obvious reasons this is an important transition time in the program. Fate has been both extremely wonderful to the UConn's mens bb team and extremely punishing. Two NC's bridge a coaching change of a legacy with a relative unknown, the program was left behind with CR and it suffered the APR fiasco. We recently endured a season which had dagger endings against us keeping us out of the NCAA tournament just as the previous season we were the ones throwing an inordinate amount of last second daggers on the way to an NC. This scenario is not for the feint of heart. Ten years ago we would have considered what we just witnessed as something only the most ridiculous sports fiction writer could imagine.

As fans of this program (probably more than any other sports program) we were/are pulled apart with extremes of emotion from absolute euphoria to utter devastation. It happened in such rapid succession and in such a short interval of time that most of us really haven't thoroughly digested it. Like most if not all of you I'm proud to be a fan of this program! I wouldn't trade this ride for anything. Spring is far more special when it replaces a lousy winter. And IMO the ride isn't over folks. Not by a long shot. So don't unstrap those seat belts.

I also want to say I am proud to be a part of The Boneyard! I feel a kinship with many of you even as I don't personally know any of you. Lost in our argumentative nature and in our vastly different expressions of how we perceive the universe or believe the way the universe should be run, there is a compelling argument to be made that this forum is special. I want to thank each and every one of you for this. Like the team we support, the highs and lows of this forum makes this a special place. And thanks to those who have set this all up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Drowning you in a barrel of rain water is on my bucket list.
LOL. You can only do this if you chose to read the entire post! Otherwise I'm sending the Florida Dude your way to chop you in the throat even if he has to bend down to do so.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to get this buried in that thread. By explanation, the reason I set up that poll was because I was curious to find out statistically the feeling of the population within the Boneyard about recruiting.

Statistically speaking you will get a sample regarding the boneyard's feeling about recruiting. To get the population every boneyarder would have to respond.

Irregardless, I could care less about the statistics terms. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom