OT: - ABC's of Music | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: ABC's of Music

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some of the 80s metal has held up better than others. These guys were somewhat overshadowed by several other bands at the time but it still sounds pretty good to me--Dokken.

@triaddukefan should love these guys because their lead guitar player shares the same name as a former UNC power forward who played a key role in the '93 Championship for the Heels. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Richard and Mimi Farina — Children of Darkness (great photos along with this one)

Reaction Score
Judith Durham - Danny Boy

(Think I posted this in a previous music thread probably a year ago, but I'm just a huge fan of her underappreciated rendition. So hopefully someone sees it that hasn't seen it before).

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Judith Durham - Danny Boy

(Think I posted this in a previous music thread probably a year ago, but I'm just a huge fan of her underappreciated rendition. So hopefully someone sees it that hasn't seen it before).

yup, never heard her or seen it. not on her, but no way. I've always heard this in a guys voice.
set me to searching a bit, since, I exist in irish new england, and this tune is ubiquitous. I found this-its an American tune! veeeerry familiar to my ears (1/2 the vid is another 'her' singing it--right out on that) The Story Behind The Song Danny Boy
this is how you do it! lol.

Reaction Score
Uncle Festive - Harvest - one rather amazing piece of music:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hmmmm, seems like the alphabet police around here are on siesta. either that, or they larned spelling from me...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This youngin' can play guitar.

Virginia - The Marcus King Band

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members