ABC's least watched football game....... | The Boneyard

ABC's least watched football game.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow, people would watch the SEC Championship over a game featuring an average Cincy team and a mediocre at best UConn?

Reaction Score
ABC did much worse earlier in the day. Regional action featuring either Cincinnati/Connecticut or Boise State/Nevada drew a 1.0 overnight, down 62% from Texas/Baylor last year (2.6), and easily a season-low. The afternoon window aired opposite the SEC Championship Game on CBS (10.0).

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/12/ncaa-week-14-rough-weekend-for-college-football-on-abc/
ESPN gives us & BE a prime ABC national spot BUT they put it opposite the SEC Chamionship game? HUM ..... Knowing the SEC game will be watched any agme on ABC would be a dud. This way they can continue to say "see... No one wants to watch the BE... No $$$ for you!"

Reaction Score
"Still, Texas/Kansas State was the top college football telecast of Saturday night, topping the Big Ten Championship Game on FOX and the ACC Championship Game on ESPN."

Topping the B1G championship game? Topping FSU in the ACC championship game too? Wow.

Reaction Score
ESPN gives us & BE a prime ABC national spot BUT they put it opposite the SEC Chamionship game? HUM ..... Knowing the SEC game will be watched any agme on ABC would be a dud. This way they can continue to say "see... No one wants to watch the BE... No $$$ for you!"

I think we need to be honest here. I have been a UCONN fan for 35 years but this football team was barely watchable this year for much of the games. You really had to be a hard core fan to have watched most of the games to the end. Coaches PP and GD really made me want to turn off the TV so many times. A truly painful season.

I see so many appeasers who just write off this miserable year to lack of talent. But we did not even compete well against MAC teams. Lost to Western Michigan 2-6 in the MAC! Barely beat Buffalo 3-5 in the MAC!

I can see why ESPN would not want to have our game in a prime spot. For most of the season, we really were not worth watching. As it turned out, the actual Cincinnati game was not bad though. (until the 4th quarter).

Reaction Score

You make it sound like some sort of conspiracy theory. The only reason we were on ESPN, and are on ESPN almost every year during championship weekend, is that there's only a handful of non Big East games playing. It's not a conspiracy, it's just that the Big East is the last choice (which makes sense since it's the least popular league on ESPN) and that weekend is the only time of year they have to dig so deep into their programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom