Abby Waner Asst Coach Hire @ Denver | The Boneyard

Abby Waner Asst Coach Hire @ Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
She was hired as a WBB assistant coach at the Univ of Denver. Guess the broadcasting career wasn't working out for her or decided to make a career change.

Still wish she had come to UConn instead of Duke.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Who is the new head coach there? The guy who was head coach this year just took the BC job.

Reaction Score
She was hired as a WBB assistant coach at the Univ of Denver. Guess the broadcasting career wasn't working out for her or decided to make a career change.

Dang, there goes one of my favorite analysts...I thought she shared some insightful comments.

I wish her well in her new venture but think she could have done much better than Denver...but didn't she grow up and attend HS in the Denver area? Possibly she is getting the best of both worlds (b-ball and family/friends) with this new job.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Dang, there goes one of my favorite analysts...I thought she shared some insightful comments.

I wish her well in her new venture but think she could have done much better than Denver...but didn't she grow up and attend HS in the Denver area? Possibly she is getting the best of both worlds (b-ball and family/friends) with this new job.
There's a certain assistant coach at the premier WBB program in the country who did at stint at UD...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I would think if Abby and Denver's new Head Coach can get some of the Colorado talent to stay in-State they could have a nice program. They could be like Marist, Wisconsin Green Bay or Gonzaga.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

And one of my least favorite. Her speech patterns drove me crazy. I could hardly stand to listen to her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Waner did go to school here in the Denver area. She was teammates with another guard, Emily Fox, who played for Minnesota. They were quite a tandem!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Warlick just announced that the Tenn press conference that Lockwood will stay on as her asst next year. This has to be a big relief for Warlick, both in terms of coaching the post players and on the recruiting trail.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Her broadcasting career was working out great, as she was getting more and more high profile gigs. This was an opportunity she could not pass up. Waner is a native of Highlands Ranch, Colorado and was a prep star in the Denver area at Thunder Ridge High School

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I was chatting with a high school school coach in Denver, when he mentioned the school, I remembered it was the one Abby attended. I mentioned that I made a sign for her, and he said he had heard about the sign. I chuckled, although obviously, the sign wasn't enough.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Waner did go to school here in the Denver area. She was teammates with another guard, Emily Fox, who played for Minnesota. They were quite a tandem!
World Cup Stacking Champion and record holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom