Aaron McKie Steps Down as Men’s Basketball Coach @ Temple… | The Boneyard

Aaron McKie Steps Down as Men’s Basketball Coach @ Temple…

Reaction Score
… will serve as Special Advisor for Athletics

“A national search for the next Temple University men's basketball coach will commence immediately.”

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He stepped down because getting fired sounded worse.

Temple needs to find $10M or whatever it costs to get out of the American and just go back to the Atlantic 10.

Reaction Score
They should go for Fran Dunphy
Since he coached at Temple for 14 years before moving to LaSalle, his alma mater, it’s hard to imagine he’d be interested. Not to mention he’s 74.

Or were you being sarcastic?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I'd hate to see him go but would Kimani make sense here?

Reaction Score
I'd hate to see him go but would Kimani make sense here?
He already had to do 2 years in the AAC and that conference is only getting worse next season.

The travel schedule was already bad and going to be horrendous going forward.

I'm not sure Temple can pay the money necessary to take what i consider not that good of a job anymore in the 9th best conference.

Think Kimani gets 800k today and McKie was getting like 1.1M. I doubt Temple has the money (guessing 1.5) to make it worth the trouble and that is a hard job given it's in a Frankenstein conference that's now a 1 or at best 2 bid league.

Reaction Score
Is there much pressure on Temple to drop football? Historically unsuccessful program that will never have an on-campus stadium, has no business renting the Eagles field, Philly being a "pro sports" town, clearly hurting their basketball program by trying to force it up in the AAC. The parallels to the UConn situation are clear to see. At some point schools are going to start to drop football if they're left out of the money party, I could see Temple being (one of the) first

Reaction Score
Is there much pressure on Temple to drop football? Historically unsuccessful program that will never have an on-campus stadium, has no business renting the Eagles field, Philly being a "pro sports" town, clearly hurting their basketball program by trying to force it up in the AAC. The parallels to the UConn situation are clear to see. At some point schools are going to start to drop football if they're left out of the money party, I could see Temple being (one of the) first
There is no pressure on temple to drop football.

That is a uniquely Connecticut trait that absolutely makes no sense financially .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It’s a shame because AM bleeds Temple.
I guess some will start to understand the difference between recruiting in the AAC vs NBE
At least the Temple AD did it with a sense of class and decorum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom