OT: - Aaron Judge | The Boneyard

OT: Aaron Judge

Reaction Score
Man his swing is unreal, so much power from so little effort. What's crazier is Arod was 4 years younger when he hit 36 homers and batted 350+. As good as judge is he has no shot of even coming close to what arod did homer wise (despite the cheating etc.)

Reaction Score
Mentioning Arod in the same post as Judge should cause this thread to be locked and you sent to your room.

Yeesh.....

Reaction Score
sheesh, just saying. How about Stanton had 120 home runs already by the time he turned 25 (judges age).

Reaction Score
dude is having the season of a lifetime, and it's only his rookie year. not much else to say...

yankees fans should be excited about the future. wish i could say the same for us mets fans :(

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Man his swing is unreal, so much power from so little effort. What's crazier is Arod was 4 years younger when he hit 36 homers and batted 350+. As good as judge is he has no shot of even coming close to what arod did homer wise (despite the cheating etc.)
Dunno. If he hits 60 a year for 16 years or so he'd smash the career records ;-).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Being outside the NY media bubble, tonight was first chance to really watch Judge and hear him interviewed. Seems like a grounded, nice kid you can really root for. Amazing talent.

But since I've always hated the Yankees, obligatory I add that Gary Sanchez seems like a sourpuss.

Anyway, Judge wasn't the key story for me last night. It was learning that Clay Bellinger is married to Ann Coulter.

Reaction Score
Being outside the NY media bubble, tonight was first chance to really watch Judge and hear him interviewed. Seems like a grounded, nice kid you can really root for. Amazing talent.

But since I've always hated the Yankees, obligatory I add that Gary Sanchez seems like a sourpuss.

Anyway, Judge wasn't the key story for me last night. It was learning that Clay Bellinger is married to Ann Coulter.

Yankee fan here... Judge is immensely likable. He has the Jeter sorta reluctant superstar thing but he's also not a dick as Jeter could often be. I'm still on the fence on Judge being a 320 40-100 guy every year, but good lord has he made it look easy this year.

On the Sanchez front, I don't think he's a "sourpuss" so to speak, he has had some attitude issues in the past but he's been great as a Yankee. I don't think he's used to the spotlight just yet and I'm sure was a bit uncomfortable considering the idiot from TB spouting off and Gary's English still being a bit rough.

Reaction Score
Judge is an absolute monster and seems like he has his head on straight.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

You have to hope that Judge has a very long and successful career. He's a great ambassador for the game

Don't know that Sanchez is or isn't a sourpuss. He doesn't really speak English so interviews don't really reflect much. I think he's a serious minded guy but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a sourpuss.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm pissed this kid isn't on the Sox. I dislike him because he's a Yankee, but I respect him and enjoy to watching him mash (except against the Sox). Seems like a great kid too.

I know hindsight is impossibly dumb in the MLB draft, but the Sox ended up with Trey Ball. Could of had Judge. Damn...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm pissed this kid isn't on the Sox. I dislike him because he's a Yankee, but I respect him and enjoy to watching him mash (except against the Sox). Seems like a great kid too.

I know hindsight is impossibly dumb in the MLB draft, but the Sox ended up with Trey Ball. Could of had Judge. Damn...

Meh, almost every team could say that, same as Trout. Bucs picked twice ahead of when Yanks took Judge. While Austin Meadows should be good, we traded Reese McGwire to TO just to get out from under Liriano's contract. Hella value there, lol. McGwire's upside is a backup catcher... not what you want out of a 1st round pick.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Meh, almost every team could say that, same as Trout. Bucs picked twice ahead of when Yanks took Judge. While Austin Meadows should be good, we traded Reese McGwire to TO just to get out from under Liriano's contract. Hella value there, lol. McGwire's upside is a backup catcher... not what you want out of a 1st round pick.

Oh, I get it, baseball is the easiest draft to miss on players. Projection is damn near impossible.

This is more a Yankees/Red Sox thing. They got sick of looking at Ortiz, we got sick of looking at Jeter.

Now we gotta look at an absolute mauler for the next 15 years.

Maybe this means they'll be out on Harper now.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Oh, I get it, baseball is the easiest draft to miss on players. Projection is damn near impossible.

This is more a Yankees/Red Sox thing. They got sick of looking at Ortiz, we got sick of looking at Jeter.

Now we gotta look at an absolute mauler for the next 15 years.

Maybe this means they'll be out on Harper now.
I hope you're right about his career. I hope he's not a one year wonder. Easy to root for and guys like him
keep people interested in the game. I was at the Stadium a few weeks ago and sat along the right field foul line. As the game was starting, he made his way along the fence signing kids' programs.

Yeah, I'm a Yankee fan, but I like Pedroia, appreciated Rice in ways stupid Sux fans didn't. The only Red Sox star I never wanted was Pedro. Arrogant punk.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I hope you're right about his career. Yeah, imma Yankee fan, but I like Pedroia, appreciated Rice in ways stupid Sux fans didn't. The only Red Sox star I never wanted was Pedro. Arrogant punk.

You're crazy! haha Best pitcher of our time. What he did in from 1998-2000, in the heart of the steroid era, was mind boggling.

Plus, he was very entertaining. Of course, entertaining to Sox fans, was probably annoying as HELL to Yankees fans.

I only wish he wasn't such a string bean so he might have lasted longer. The whip he had on his pitches put massive strain on ligaments and joints.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You're crazy! haha Best pitcher of our time. What he did in from 1998-2000, in the heart of the steroid era, was mind boggling.

Plus, he was very entertaining. Of course, entertaining to Sox fans, was probably annoying as HELL to Yankees fans.
Pedro was a great pitcher. But a butt side. You can have him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Pedro was a great pitcher. But a . You can have him.

Haha So was Calhoun. And I'll take him too!

In seriousness, Pedro definitely a home town hero 'only' type of guy. When he's yours, you love him. When he's not, you don't.

He typified the heart, swagger, fire and passion of the Latino players.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Haha So was Calhoun. And I'll take him too!

Pedro definitely a home town 'only' hero type of guy. When he's yours, you love him. When he's not, you don't.
Calhoun, interesting guy shall we say. To digress, I was at a July 4 party that Chris Smith attended. Talked a little. Asked him if Calhoun ever admitted that the opponent ever made a good play instead of UConn being the reason the play worked. Smitty just laughed.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Calhoun, interesting guy shall we say. To digress, I was at a July 4 party that Chris Smith attended. Talked a little. Asked him if Calhoun ever admitted that the opponent ever made a good play instead of UConn being the reason the play worked. Smitty just laughed.

Hahaha I love JC. He's flat out my kinda guy. Same reason I love Belichick (you being a NY guy, I'm guessing don't).

Maybe it's because I grew up in New England, with a bevy of sour, very tough coaches. It somehow appeals

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hahaha I love JC. He's flat out my kinda guy. Same reason I love Belichick (you being a NY guy, I'm guessing don't).

Maybe it's because I grew up in New England, with a bevy of sour, very tough coaches. It somehow appeals
You ain't never had anyone like Billy Martin.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You ain't never had anyone like Billy Martin.

Fact. I probably would have loved his style. I sneaky enjoyed watching him, even though I didn't like the Yanks

Reaction Score
Amazing you can predict the future with such accuracy!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom