Aaron Hernandez’s brother helped Iowa tight end prepare for Senior Bowl stage | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez’s brother helped Iowa tight end prepare for Senior Bowl stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
An interesting article that mentions DJ. I can't even a guess how hard it's been for DJ and the emotional turmoil he's had to endure since his brother's arrest. My best to him.
hernandez_635x250_1390513567.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ed-iowa-tight-end-prepare-233815817--nfl.html

Reaction Score
DJ deserves a lot of sympathy. Really tough situation for him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's a shame that the copy editor resorted to this type of hook to get readership. By all accounts, DJ is a good coach. He should not have to be known as Aaron Hernandez's brother.

DJ is like Cooper Manning, but Cooper's brothers are famous. DJ's is infamous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why couldn't you just write DJ, no need to bring AJ's name into the thread, everyone knows who they are? Beside the fact that AJ had nothing to do with the subject.

Exactly, DJ stands on his own on this board

Husky25

Reaction Score
Click on the link. The OP just parrotted the article's headline.

The copy editor is responsible. He/She made the connection. Irresponsible journalism, in my opinion.
Why couldn't you just write DJ, no need to bring AJ's name into the thread, everyone knows who they are? Beside the fact that AJ had nothing to do with the subject.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Click on the link. The OP just parrotted the article's headline. The copy editor is responsible. He/She made the connection. Irresponsible journalism, in my opinion.

In fairness to the editor, DJ Hernandez is only a household home name in CT. It isn't much of a story without the link to AH.

Reaction Score

The copy editor is responsible. He/She made the connection. Irresponsible journalism, in my opinion.

More sleazy than irresponsible.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

The copy editor didn't post that subject heading

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Love seeing DJ find success in the coaching circuits. Would love to see him come back home one day to coach once the legal buzz calms down a little for his brother. But I think he is exactly where he is meant to be right now…away from his brother's circus and circle of bad influences.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Whats the point you're trying make? My comment relates to the article. The OP parroted the headline. I maybe wrong but I doubt the OP would have titled a thread in that manner unless the professional journalist hadn't already.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Whats the point you're trying make? My comment relates to the article. The OP parroted the headline. I maybe wrong but I doubt the OP would have titled a thread in that manner unless the professional journalist hadn't already.

So what? My point is that it's a lousy subject heading for the Boneyard. Who cares what the original headline says? It actually makes sense in that context. In the context of this board it stinks. There's no law that would have prevented the OP from saying "Nice article about DJ" or "DJ helped..." All it would have taken is a drop of awareness.

Reaction Score
In fairness to the editor, DJ Hernandez is only a household home name in CT. It isn't much of a story without the link to AH.

DJ, I remember. Who's AH? That's not the guy who should have honored his "verbal" to UConn, hung with his brother for a couple of years, matured and learned a different life style, and still made the NFL? Screwed up when he decided not to hang with DJ, but that the Pouncey twins were better role models.

Husky25

Reaction Score
So what? My point is that it's a lousy subject heading for the Boneyard. Who cares what the original headline says? It actually makes sense in that context. In the context of this board it stinks. There's no law that would have prevented the OP from saying "Nice article about DJ" or "DJ helped..." All it would have taken is a drop of awareness.

Correct. Nothing prevented the OP from saying that, but parroting the headline of a published article is a perfectly acceptable way to title a thread, IMO.

Reaction Score
It's possible that playing with his brother and under Randy would have helped Aaron mature. It's also possible, however, that the same Bristol influences that managed to travel 1,200 miles to get under Aaron's skin in Gainesville would have been by his side in Storrs the entire time, as well.

I'm just glad that he made the choice he did and that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts isn't looking to lock up a Husky for life.

DJ, I remember. Who's AH? That's not the guy who should have honored his "verbal" to UConn, hung with his brother for a couple of years, matured and learned a different life style, and still made the NFL? Screwed up when he decided not to hang with DJ, but that the Pouncey twins were better role models.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

For the same reason Michael Skakel has had a new first name for years, "Kennedy Cousin".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom