Aaliyah to Caroline & passing bigs | The Boneyard

Aaliyah to Caroline & passing bigs

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’ve noticed in a few games that Aaliyah and Caroline have a good chemistry on the court. In the NC game, Aaliyah made a couple bullet passes to Caroline in the paint for easy layups - when nothing was coming easy. Those two just seem to know how to find each other. Going forward, they’ll be able to use their height (6-3 and 6-2) to see one another over smaller players and to make some easy buckets in the paint.

Speaking of Aaliyah, the NC game box score robbed her of at least one assist. She had 2 to Caroline and 1 that I remember to Nika but she got credit for only 2. Is she our new passing big? I like her court vision and since she’s got that reliable shot from the high post, it seems to me she’s going to be The Guy there.

THoughts?

Reaction Score
Great post. I definitely agree, those two vibe. I get so happy in the UConn vids even they do some like peace sign and head nod. I'm getting a bit old, there's probably a name for it.lol..

I think Aaliyah is growing into a pretty good all around player. Her shot from 15 looks really good now, and her passing is getting better. If she improves a little putting the ball on the floor that would be key

Earlier this season I thought Dorka and Caroline had great chemistry as well. Honestly that's what was so fun about this team, u could see so many connections.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great post. I definitely agree, those two vibe. I get so happy in the UConn vids even they do some like peace sign and head nod. I'm getting a bit old, there's probably a name for it.lol..

I think Aaliyah is growing into a pretty good all around player. Her shot from 15 looks really good now, and her passing is getting better. If she improves a little putting the ball on the floor that would be key

Earlier this season I thought Dorka and Caroline had great chemistry as well. Honestly that's what was so fun about this team, u could see so many connections.
Agree about Dorka and Caroline. During her scoring Stretch, I felt like Dorka was the player who looked to find Ducharme off of cuts the most frequently.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Completely different topic when it comes to Aaliyah and Caroline...I thought it was great the way they were captured in videos standing or walking together, flashing the peace sign in harmony. I guess that may be why they click so well together on the court.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Completely different topic when it comes to Aaliyah and Caroline...I thought it was great the way they were captured in videos standing or walking together, flashing the peace sign in harmony. I guess that may be why they click so well together on the court.
Best example

1649187425293.png

Reaction Score
I’ve noticed in a few games that Aaliyah and Caroline have a good chemistry on the court. In the NC game, Aaliyah made a couple bullet passes to Caroline in the paint for easy layups - when nothing was coming easy. Those two just seem to know how to find each other. Going forward, they’ll be able to use their height (6-3 and 6-2) to see one another over smaller players and to make some easy buckets in the paint.

Speaking of Aaliyah, the NC game box score robbed her of at least one assist. She had 2 to Caroline and 1 that I remember to Nika but she got credit for only 2. Is she our new passing big? I like her court vision and since she’s got that reliable shot from the high post, it seems to me she’s going to be The Guy there.

THoughts?
AE has improved her shooting range and her passing. However, because Juhasz doesn't have much of an inside post up game, I think it's more likely she'll spend more time at that high post than AE. And keep an eye on Brady. Once she adjusts to the UConn offensive pace and system, her very good shooting and passing make her a natural for that spot.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Aaliyah, the NC game box score robbed her of at least one assist. She had 2 to Caroline and 1 that I remember to Nika but she got credit for only 2.

THoughts?
Caroline scored four baskets in this game. The assists came from Aaliyah, Olivia, Paige and Evina in that order.

Reaction Score
I agree. It was great watching Aaliyah and Caroline develop an on the court chemistry. It seemed like they were in sync on a few plays out there and over the season towards the end. Thank our lucky stars that Caroline does not have hands of stone. Hopefully with this taste of the Championship game under their belts, this fuels their off-season fire for workouts.

Reaction Score
What do you all think of Caroline being that player at the high post? I’m referring to the Caroline who used to have an outside shot. She can pass well, sees the court extremely well and should have a better shot than Dorka or Edwards. Can drive to the basket and handle the ball better too. Would this work?

Reaction Score
What do you all think of Caroline being that player at the high post? I’m referring to the Caroline who used to have an outside shot. She can pass well, sees the court extremely well and should have a better shot than Dorka or Edwards. Can drive to the basket and handle the ball better too. Would this work?
Definitely another option for Geno to consider... earlier this season, Caroline hit a number of jumpers from mid-range. I'm pretty sure she has that in her arsenal or she wouldn't have averaged 33 ppg as a high school senior.

Reaction Score
Definitely another option for Geno to consider... earlier this season, Caroline hit a number of jumpers from mid-range. I'm pretty sure she has that in her arsenal or she wouldn't have averaged 33 ppg as a high school senior.
Has merit as it also allows Paige, Azzi, Nika and Caroline to be in the game at the same time.

Reaction Score
….and she’s always trying to move to the hoop when she has the ball or looking for an outside shot. Big hopes for her.
She has no fear, a trait of all the really good players. As she matures , gets bigger and stronger, she could really be special. She already seems to have an understanding of the game that just can't be taught.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Aaliyah's biggest problem is her hands. She loses the ball too easily whether its from a pass or loose ball. She needs to work on hanging onto and catching the ball. Shes one of my favs so dont think Im dissing her. Just saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom