Aaliyah is going to the WNBA | The Boneyard

Aaliyah is going to the WNBA

Reaction Score
We have all been fortunate to see her develop over her 4 year career here at UConn. She went from no moves and really no left hand to have great spins moves around players especially to her left hand. She now can effectively knock down a jumper from the top of the key. She also can drive effectively from the top of the key and finally she is the best forward defender of the pick and roll and stealing off the passing lane I have seen in WCCB. Good luck Aaliyah in your future and help us one more time at this year big dance!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

I think every player should move on once they have played their 4 years. It isn't fair to the new recruits for people to hang on and take their time and unfortunately too many coaches will allow them to stay when they should tell them to move on and play elsewhere if they want to play another year in college. I know with players of AE's caliber it is tough but that is the only way the character of the game moves forward.

Reaction Score
It's been a great pleasure watching her develop into a complete ballplayer over her four years at UConn.........a relentless player who brought it every game despite taking a pounding while others were forced to the bench with injuries..........just curious why the announcement was made on the eve of the Big Tournament...........was it for team motivation or was it a signal to recruits still in high school or about to be in the portal who might be considering UConn for next season?

Reaction Score
IMG_2723.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think every player should move on once they have played their 4 years. It isn't fair to the new recruits for people to hang on and take their time and unfortunately too many coaches will allow them to stay when they should tell them to move on and play elsewhere if they want to play another year in college. I know with players of AE's caliber it is tough but that is the only way the character of the game moves forward.
They all do move on AFTER they’ve played their 4 years which is all they’re allowed. They only get a 5th year if they’ve lost one due to injury or illness. The Covid year was a one year exception which they have a perfect right to use. But Griffin is the only one using it and for a good reason. No coach with any integrity tells a valued member of a team to leave before their eligibility is up. Unless they’re lacking in integrity.

Reaction Score
In her Freshman year AE was lacked some skills but showed a lot of promise. As a Sophomore she kind of got lost. And then the switch turned to On and she never looked back. She's among the best to suit up for UConn. No way she doesn't carve out a long, successful pro career.

I'm of the opinion that the minutes she donates to next year's team can't but enter into Strong's decision. With AE gone she'd have to play her way out of significant floor time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom