Aaliyah Edwards IG Live | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards IG Live

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Great interview with Aaliyah and Ajay Sharma, head wbb coach at Humber College in Ontario.

She talks basketball, the current state of the world, and gives a glimpse into what she expects of herself (and her teams) in the future.

Aaliyah is so well-spoken, humble, and hungry, and we’re lucky to have her!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fantastic Kid. Very mature like the Canadian National Team coach said.

Interesting how she talked about the UConn recruiting.

Unlike perhaps Paige or Saylor, she was not a UConn kid growing up and just viewed the schools as opportunities.

So what tipped the scales?? Geno is very honest. Will tell you when you are not doing something correctly. And how competitive the team is

But she was probably more in touch with UConn history then she let on and she is clearly excited by the history and legendary players. The interviewer had the top 10 List of UConn Alumnae and asked if she wants to crack into the top 10. YEAH.

And she really set the interviewer straight on the statement the UConn team released about the Police Brutality issues. The interviewer suggested that maybe it was not ideal that some people on the team might not feel strongly and it may not be right to "push" everyone to participate. Aliyah said that is not what happened. It was a group drafted message from the kids and the coaches did not interfere with it. Very very impressive.

Reaction Score
I encourage everyone to watch this interview from start to finish. Aaliyah is such a fine human being. And way more mature than yours truly was at the same age. Or you, I dare say. We are so lucky that she chose to come to UConn. And by the way, she is an amazing baller. Plus a total gym rat. Those of you who are whining about a lack of post presence, or a lack of team depth, need to do some homework on Aaliyah. There is a reason why Geno grins from ear to ear whenever he talks about her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I encourage everyone to watch this interview from start to finish. Aaliyah is such a fine human being. And way more mature than yours truly was at the same age. Or you, I dare say. We are so lucky that she chose to come to UConn. And by the way, she is an amazing baller. Plus a total gym rat. Those of you who are whining about a lack of post presence, or a lack of team depth, need to do some homework on Aaliyah. There is a reason why Geno grins from ear to ear whenever he talks about her.

She’s going to be a great teammate, role model, and an excellent mentor to the younger kids that come after her. Any program would be lucky to have her. We got a very good one.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Have been looking forward to seeing Aaliyah on the floor as a UConn player from her announcement that she was going to UConn.

I have suspected that she was an exceptional player being invited to participate with the Olympic team at a young age.

Just watched this interview and how she responded and interacted with the coach and topics. This young lady has quick mind as well as IMO, is of strong character, commitment, and kindness of heart.

I'm even more excited about watching her develop for the next 4 years. Yeah, her intent is to be in the top 10 UConn greatest ever. ;)

Reaction Score
Aaliyah is the second in this class {Paige was the first} to say they she is looking for FOUR National Championships [just after the 31 minute mark]. Enough said!!!!

Reaction Score
Paige gets all the attention ( rightly so) but Edwards I predict is the PF we have so desperately needed to get those final 2 games won in a season... we have had great teams so don't attack using all the FFs. I'm talking about getting the big #12.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Have been looking forward to seeing Aaliyah on the floor as a UConn player from her announcement that she was going to UConn.

I have suspected that she was an exceptional player being invited to participate with the Olympic team at a young age.

Just watched this interview and how she responded and interacted with the coach and topics. This young lady has quick mind as well as IMO, is of strong character, commitment, and kindness of heart.

I'm even more excited about watching her develop for the next 4 years. Yeah, her intent is to be in the top 10 UConn greatest ever. ;)

I know I'm jumping the gun when I ask this question. But is there anyone here that DOES NOT think Aaliyah will grow, mature and develop in 4 years at the nation's "premiere" basketball factory, and become a high draft choice in the WNBA, and a highly sought after player in the professional leagues around the world?

Stand and be recognized. :eek:

I think Aaliyah, like Rebecca Lobo, Maya Moore, Napheesa Collier, Kia Nurse and so many others that came through this program before her, will be successful at whatever she chooses to do (on and off the court). I believe our steps are ordered. She'll be fine!! :)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can you imagine how proud her family must be of her? This kid is going to be a hammer.

Isn't the Canadian Hammer already taken by Ruth Hamblin?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She can be a vital part of this team. I see her development as key to the run for a championship. As far as the recruiting and her seeming to down play UConn's cachet, shortly after commiting she was being asked about why ... and she exclaimed "I mean it's UConn." I think that excited utterance said it all.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Very very impressive. This girl is mature beyond her years. Smart articulate and mature. We got a good one and I cant wait to see her progress under UConns coaching staff. Just a big WOW.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom