Aaliyah Edwards finally getting some love from ESPN top 25 players | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards finally getting some love from ESPN top 25 players

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I do want to acknowledge that both Dawn and Tara have gone on record this year stating it was incredibly difficult to find competitive teams willing to play them. Dawn said this summer that both NC State and Duke declined to renew the home-and-away series and that Iowa and Notre Dame both declined despite needing non-con games on their schedules.

To be clear, the schedules are what they are and I totally agree that UConn’s players should not be penalized in these kinds of rankings on the basis of playing more minutes. Just simply pointing out that neither team scheduled lightly by design.
It boggles my mind that programs hoping to make a final four run or grow their program (all 4 of the programs above) wouldn’t schedule tough, or would avoid a premier program as a chance to test their kids against the best. Plus in the interest of growing the game, marquee matchups get butts in seats and eyes on TV.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No other player? If I look across Fudd, Miles, Clark, Brink and Boston and their game against top 25 teams, per minute these are their lines:
  • Fudd: .6 points per, .05 rebounds per, .06 assists per
  • Brink: .63 points per, .44 rebounds per, .06 assists per
  • Boston: .52 points per, .39 rebounds per, .08 assists per
  • Miles: .53 points per, .26 rebounds per, .19 assists per
  • Clark: .75 points per, .18 rebounds per, .15 assists per
These comparisons are inherently difficult, but I wouldn't say at least statistically over the small sample size Fudd looks a step ahead. If had to pick based on the stats clearly Brink and Clark, but also Miles and Boston's line look more impactful (even before you throw in stats like blocks for the post players)

Boston:

18 points, 10 rebs, and 4 blocks against UCLA.

14 points, 13 rebs before fouling out against Stanford

16 points, 13 rebs against a Maryland team that started five guards

Reaction Score
No other player? If I look across Fudd, Miles, Clark, Brink and Boston and their game against top 25 teams, per minute these are their lines:
  • Fudd: .6 points per, .05 rebounds per, .06 assists per
  • Brink: .63 points per, .44 rebounds per, .06 assists per
  • Boston: .52 points per, .39 rebounds per, .08 assists per
  • Miles: .53 points per, .26 rebounds per, .19 assists per
  • Clark: .75 points per, .18 rebounds per, .15 assists per
These comparisons are inherently difficult, but I wouldn't say at least statistically over the small sample size Fudd looks a step ahead. If had to pick based on the stats clearly Brink and Clark, but also Miles and Boston's line look more impactful (even before you throw in stats like blocks for the post players)
Connecticut has the toughest schedule in the country and Fudd has helped them win every game she has been fully available for. She hit crucial, tide changing shots. She hasn't even played enough games at this point to keep herself in the national stats categories and she's a front runner in the NPOY conversation. That's all I'm going to say here.

Reaction Score
Connecticut has the toughest schedule in the country and Fudd has helped them win every game she has been fully available for. She hit crucial, tide changing shots. She hasn't even played enough games at this point to keep herself in the national stats categories and she's a front runner in the NPOY conversation. That's all I'm going to say here.
What I'm saying and I believe what others are saying is that, as much as we love Azzi and are in awe of her talents, we don't believe she is a front runner right now. Nor should she be given how few games she will have played by mid-season.

Aaliyah, on the other hand...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
AE's problem has always been uncertainty, which has led to hesitation which has, in turn, led to travelling and bad passes. This year she seems to know exactly what she plans to do when she receives the ball, whether on a rebound or a pass, and she just damned well does it!! She is an order of magnitude better this year than in the past; very impressive. I don't know if she can go toe-to-toe with Boston, but I am betting she can come close.

Reaction Score
Call me bias if you will... But UCONN has faced he toughest competition as well faced adversity with limited roster this season. Aliyah by far has been stellar and consistent thru it all. She deserves to be on top of that list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom