Aaliyah Continues To Have Her Way | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Continues To Have Her Way

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Yes. The rule that a player needs to turn 22 in the year of the draft applies only to DOMESTIC players. The age of eligibility for International players (Edwards) is 20.

The FAQ has oversimplified it, but if an international player enrolls at a US university, they’re subject to the same rules for the draft as US born players.

From the latest CBA…
858508DC-97FC-4D39-8ED1-3A584E2DDC53.jpeg

So we’re safe with Aaliyah!

Reaction Score
Muhl would be wise to stay as long as needed to get her degree. Because if she has a pro career at all it’s not likely to be all that lucrative.

So you don’t think she can play overseas?? Cuz… they are professionals as well

Reaction Score
So you don’t think she can play overseas?? Cuz… they are professionals as well
That would be her best shot but it won't be worth a ton of money. Maybe enough to delay a regular working career by a couple of years. The salary level depends a lot on the country, the tier level the team plays at, and the highest salaries usually go to the top talent and the limited number of slots they have for WNBA players. The rest of the rosters make fairly modest money. And the non-stars face a lot of competition every year for their roster spot.

Reaction Score
It's a layup.
No, it's a steal and end-to-end run to a layup by a 6'3" post player. How many post players would have been able to guard out on the perimeter, anticipate the pass, have the athleticism and quickness to steal the ball, the handle to not dribble the ball off her foot while running up the court, and control to make the layup all in one play??

Reaction Score
That would be her best shot but it won't be worth a ton of money. Maybe enough to delay a regular working career by a couple of years. The salary level depends a lot on the country, the tier level the team plays at, and the highest salaries usually go to the top talent and the limited number of slots they have for WNBA players. The rest of the rosters make fairly modest money. And the non-stars face a lot of competition every year for their roster spot.
I have a friend who used their professional career to pay for grad school. Wasn't a big name in NCAA when she played at UMass. Between that and the experience of living abroad it was well worth the time while playing a sport she loves. It depends on what a player wants to do and how they view playing professionally.

Reaction Score
While I know the women's basketball media is small and not always UConn friendly, surprised that Aaliyah is not getting more attention. In the national media pregame video snippets, they show Azzi but as interesting as she is, would seem some of the high effort plays Edwards make every game would also be great material. She gets my vote for All American.

Reaction Score
While I know the women's basketball media is small and not always UConn friendly, surprised that Aaliyah is not getting more attention. In the national media pregame video snippets, they show Azzi but as interesting as she is, would seem some of the high effort plays Edwards make every game would also be great material. She gets my vote for All American.
Think this is changing. ESPN has done interviews with her that were broadcasted during half time of games. She was recently interviewed by Autumn Johnson for her coverage this past week. And wasn't she added to the Wooden list this week?

Media will always include some of the more "known" players in coverage for those who aren't as knowledgeable for ratings and clicks. The name recognition Azzi and Paige have is something that's unavoidable.

Heck, she doesn't get enough recognition in Canada from what I've seen in media coverage. She's been on a tear however TSN leads with NCAA football and the Canadian team at the World Junior's tournament for news. Even their broadcast coverage is brutal, with UConn's match up versus Tennessee being the only game they have on their schedule for the next couple months. Duke, Iowa and Iowa State have more games listed on their broadcast schedule. And their competition Sportsnet doesn't broadcast NCAAW games at all. :(

Reaction Score
I watched the highlight video from the Stanford UConn game last night and AE had several nice plays. Her drawing a charge on Jones with 1:04 left in the game was a critical play that held off Stanford’s comeback.

Reaction Score
There's an element of these awards and lists that are OBVIOUSLY predetermined, regardless of reality, and solidly anchored in expectations. That's a whole separate debate/discussion. I think AE is solidly First or Second Team AA. I also think Senechal should be in the discussion. At this point, Azzi has just missed too many games and will have to work her way back up. Love her, but I'm just being fair.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who was the last non-American to make All-American? Boston is from the V.I., but the U.S.V.I.

Reaction Score
There's an element of these awards and lists that are OBVIOUSLY predetermined, regardless of reality, and solidly anchored in expectations. That's a whole separate debate/discussion. I think AE is solidly First or Second Team AA. I also think Senechal should be in the discussion. At this point, Azzi has just missed too many games and will have to work her way back up. Love her, but I'm just being fair.
Not sure how anyone could not see this being objective. The same would be pointed out if it was a player from a different team.

Reaction Score
I am waiting to see Aaliyah vs. Morrow from Depaul
She also will probably guard Seagrist again. If she shuts them both down plus 20 a game AA time!!!!

Reaction Score
Once she gets to play head to head against Morrow and Boston, we'll have a good idea who should be player of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom