Aaliyah Continues To Have Her Way | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Continues To Have Her Way

Reaction Score

Aaliyah has become the complete basketball player and she will definitely get better as the year goes along. Aaliyah now believes in herself and that she can really make the plays she is now making. She is the player I and everyone else will be watching from now on. Can't wait until all the available players are healthy again and playing as Uconn plays. The future is going to be a blast as we become bad for BB again, GO AALIYAH!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
As has already been evidenced, Aaliyah has been phenomenal so far this year and if she continues to elevate her performances through the remaining games this year and next, UConn WBB, with the team we have in place, will dominate once again. That's grand!

However, I must ask this question, even though I tremble at the thought of a yes answer. Ready? Will Aaliyah Edwards qualify to declare for the WNBA at the conclusion of this season? If I recall correctly, Paige Is eligible come this April. Losing one of them would be disheartening, losing both of them would be devasting. :confused: :eek: :mad:

Reaction Score
As has already been evidenced, Aaliyah has been phenomenal so far this year and if she continues to elevate her performances through the remaining games this year and next, UConn WBB, with the team we have in place, will dominate once again. That's grand!

However, I must ask this question, even though I tremble at the thought of a yes answer. Ready? Will Aaliyah Edwards qualify to declare for the WNBA at the conclusion of this season? If I recall correctly, Paige Is eligible come this April. Losing one of them would be disheartening, losing both of them would be devasting. :confused: :eek: :mad:
No!!

Reaction Score

Nope. She was born in July 2002 and has to be 22 or have completed her college eligibility or be 4 years removed from high school. Looks like we are good. She needs one thing - a 2-15 foot bona fide jump shot. Then, Katie bar the door!

Reaction Score
Paige ain't going nowhere without a title with Azzi.
You said it! Neither one of them will leave until with our future players coming, we obtain 2 National Championships, which I believe is not only possible, but a certainty. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score

Yes. The rule that a player needs to turn 22 in the year of the draft applies only to DOMESTIC players. The age of eligibility for International players (Edwards) is 20.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah has reached a maturity and transformation point of finesse joining her physicality at a perfect time in her career. Now if we can keep some healthy bodies around her and on the bench it will be a most entertaining continuation of the season. That and March. ;)

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think the “mask” just might have something to do with it? Nika said Aaliyah still hasn’t thanked her for breaking her nose. ;)
IMHO, with the Mask, AE doesn't worry about getting hit in the face again, knows she is protected if she does get hit in the face, and accepts the physicality with impunity. Full steam ahead because she feels she can't be hurt.

Reaction Score

I was thinking that about Nika. Can't imagine her stock can go much higher than this year considering next year she'll likely play a less prominent role. At least if Aaliyah comes back she's not going to be fighting for playing time.

Reaction Score
I was thinking that about Nika. Can't imagine her stock can go much higher than this year considering next year she'll likely play a less prominent role. At least if Aaliyah comes back she's not going to be fighting for playing time.
Muhl would be wise to stay as long as needed to get her degree. Because if she has a pro career at all it’s not likely to be all that lucrative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom