AAC who would you add for all sports!? | The Boneyard

AAC who would you add for all sports!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'd try and get Kansas state and iowa state two schools decent at basketball decent at football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't have a conference yet. They played UConn and USF so I figure they want in.

I'd make a play for UNC. They strike a good balance between talented football players who don't win and a basketball team that wins because the league officials hand them games.

Once North Carolina is on board I think Clemson is an easy add. They may have lost 13,423 straight at the Dean Dome but they are due and we can't lock them out.

Things probably look so good that Mississippi signs up to block Southern Miss. Faulkner wrote about this in his novella 'American before Southern'. Has a real Orwellian feel now.

Clear 16th is Hawaii. Because you know... Timezones.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Notra dame likes being indipendent in football there playing at least five acc games a year though starting this year as an agreement they made for the rest of there sports joining the acc.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lmao, the time zones argument was probably my favorite running Carl Spackler delusion on The Boneyard.

"But ya see we can showcase SMU at San Diego State on NBC Sports at 11pm EST, but wait, that means it's prime time in California!"

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
okay well im going to actually make a real submission here. I wouldn't mind trying to reopen talks with Boise/BYU/San Diego ST. I think if you can get those three to agree to come here (they'll come only if it makes them more money) then you have room to add one more. I'd add UMASS as the last team to get to 16. Conference would look something like this:

1. UConn
2. Cincinnati
3. USF
4. UCF
5. Memphis
6. Temple
7. Navy
8. ECU
9. SMU
10. Tulsa
11. Tulane
12. Houston
13. Boise State
14. San Diego St
15. BYU
16. UMASS

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
okay well im going to actually make a real submission here. I wouldn't mind trying to reopen talks with Boise/BYU/San Diego ST. I think if you can get those three to agree to come here (they'll come only if it makes them more money) then you have room to add one more. I'd add UMASS as the last team to get to 16. Conference would look something like this:

1. UConn
2. Cincinnati
3. USF
4. UCF
5. Memphis
6. Temple
7. Navy
8. ECU
9. SMU
10. Tulsa
11. Tulane
12. Houston
13. Boise State
14. San Diego St
15. BYU
16. UMASS

Eastern Division:

1. UConn
2. UMASS
3. Temple
4. ECU
5. USF
6. UCF
7. Navy
8. Cincinnati

Western Divison

1. Boise St
2. BYU
3. San Diego St
4. Tulane
5. Houston
6. SMU
7. Memphis
8. Tulsa

or break it into four pods

NE Pod:

UConn
UMASS
Temple
Navy

SE Pod:

ECU
USF
UCF
Tulane

Midwest Pod:

Memphis
Tulsa
Cincinnati
Boise St.

West Pod:

Houston
SMU
San Diego St.
BYU

alternate the pod you play every year home and away. those are competitive pods that make sense so you always play your geographic conference mates but you get exposure against other conference members. I think the pod system makes the most sense and would make for a fun, quality conference schedule, if you play a 9 game schedule. Imagine UConn Playing a conference schedule something like this

UMass
@Temple
@Navy
Boise St.
Cincinnati
@Memphis
@Tulsa
Houston
San Diego St.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd sell the naming rights to the pods.

1. Peapod brought to you by Stop and Shop.

2. Pods Pod. Why work out of a trailer, we can deliver you a Pod next day.

3 Podcast Pod. AAC fans get unlimited Podcast downloads on Tuesdays from Itunes.

4. Escape Pod. Sponsored by CT Lottery.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Snark levels through the roof today, even by BY standards. Between being a member of the AAC, two 5-7 seasons, and the heat/humidity people sure are punchy!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The AAC and ACC should make a trade; Uconn for Wake Forest. WF is deadweight in the ACC with the smallest enrollment/alumni base and redundant tv markets with Duke/UNC/NC state. The swap would be immediately accretive to the ACC bottomline and a wash for AAC.

And yes I am kidding.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We should add McGill University, the University of British Columbia, the University of Glasgow, and Ohio State University. They are all members of Universitas 21 (along with UConn).

After their admission, we demand that all new members of the AAC be a part of Universitas 21, and then we will think about the possible inclusion of Virginia, Maryland, and Hong Kong in the next round...

Reaction Score
We should add McGill University, the University of British Columbia, the University of Glasgow, and Ohio State University. They are all members of Universitas 21 (along with UConn).

After their admission, we demand that all new members of the AAC be a part of Universitas 21, and then we will think about the possible inclusion of Virginia, Maryland, and Hong Kong in the next round...
Change our name to LFI
Lega Futball International

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Masuk. And the band from Trumbull. And whatever cheerleaders are the last cuts from SEC country.

Reaction Score
There are a couple of Catholic High schools in NJ who would likely give Tulane and Memphis a run for their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom