UCF @ Maryland

10/21:

ECU vs BYU

10/28:

UConn vs Missouri

11/18:

Navy @ Notre Dame
UConn vs Boston College (Fenway Park)

Every AAC team has at least 1 non-conference game against a P5 opponent which is good to see. Also most of the road games on here aren't "buy" games in the sense that the AAC team gets at least a 2-1 deal out of it if not most of the time a straight H/H series. Only Cincinnati @ Michigan is a "buy" game. I also think the AAC has a pretty good shot to come out close to .500 in these matchups. There are a lot of winnable games against "lower" quality P5's on here. I hope these scheduling trends continue going forward as a conference and that we continue to get home games out of these deals as well.

Reaction Score
Total Home: 8

Total Away: 10

Games:

8/31:

Tulsa @ Oklahoma State

9/2:

Temple @ Notre Dame

9/9:

Cincinnati @ Michigan
ECU @ West Virginia
Houston @ Arizona

9/15:

USF vs Illinois

9/16:

ECU vs Virginia Tech
Memphis vs UCLA
SMU @ TCU
Tulane @ Oklahoma
UConn @ Virginia
UCF vs Georgia Tech

9/23:

Houston vs Texas Tech
UCF @ Maryland

10/21:

ECU vs BYU

10/28:

UConn vs Missouri

11/18:

Navy @ Notre Dame
UConn vs Boston College (Fenway Park)

Every AAC team has at least 1 non-conference game against a P5 opponent which is good to see. Also most of the road games on here aren't "buy" games in the sense that the AAC team gets at least a 2-1 deal out of it if not most of the time a straight H/H series. Only Cincinnati @ Michigan is a "buy" game. I also think the AAC has a pretty good shot to come out close to .500 in these matchups. There are a lot of winnable games against "lower" quality P5's on here. I hope these scheduling trends continue going forward as a conference and that we continue to get home games out of these deals as well.

There are a lot of winnable games here

Reaction Score
Total Home: 8

Total Away: 10

Games:

8/31:

Tulsa @ Oklahoma State

9/2:

Temple @ Notre Dame

9/9:

Cincinnati @ Michigan
ECU @ West Virginia
Houston @ Arizona

9/15:

USF vs Illinois

9/16:

ECU vs Virginia Tech
Memphis vs UCLA
SMU @ TCU
Tulane @ Oklahoma
UConn
@ Virginia
UCF vs Georgia Tech

9/23:

Houston vs Texas Tech
UCF @ Maryland

10/21:

ECU vs BYU

10/28:

UConn vs Missouri

11/18:

Navy @ Notre Dame
UConn
vs Boston College (Fenway Park)

There is my overly optimistic 11-7 in bold which shows what a homer I am with three UCONN wins (highly unlikely). I should just mark them all losses and be surprised but then I wouldn't be Confident Carl. I am just sooooooooo sick of losing! Vince Lombardi was correct about winning being the only thing!

In truth it will be good for the league if we can go .500 against these P5 teams.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
AAC preview: top non-conference games of '17

1. Tulsa @ Ok St
2. Houston @Arizona
3. Memphis vs UCLA
4. Navy @ Notre Dame
5. SMU @ TCU
6. Temple @ Notre Dame
7. Cincinnati @ Michigan
8. Texas Tech @ Houston
9. Illinois @USF
10. Navy vs Army (Philadelphia)

Drew

Reaction Score
Bank Of Oklahoma Named Title Sponsor For Turnpike Classic

One of The University of Tulsa's longest-standing football series now has a title sponsor.

Effective for the 2017 season, the football series between the Tulsa Golden Hurricane and the Oklahoma State Cowboys will be named the Bank of Oklahoma Turnpike Classic.

"We're thrilled to support this historic and exciting series between two of the state's top college football programs," said Pat Piper, executive vice president of Consumer Banking Services for BOK Financial. "Bank of Oklahoma's beginnings go back to 1910 just before the start of this series so it's with particular pride that we partner on an event with such rich history and which brings together fans from across the state."

Drew

Reaction Score
Wanted to give an update on the games that have been played so far

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Games:

8/31:

Tulsa 24 @ Oklahoma State 59

9/2:

Temple 16 @ Notre Dame 49

9/9:

Cincinnati 14 @ Michigan 36
ECU 20 @ West Virginia 56
Houston 19 @ Arizona 16

9/15:

USF 47 vs Illinois 23

9/16:

ECU 17 vs Virginia Tech 64
Memphis 48 vs UCLA 45
SMU 36 @ TCU 56
Tulane 14 @ Oklahoma 56
UConn 18 @ Virginia 38
UCF vs Georgia Tech--- CANCELLED

9/23:

Houston 24 vs Texas Tech 27
UCF 38 @ Maryland 10

So the AAC is 4-9 in these games with an average score of AAC team 26 P5 team 41. Yikes.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
So the AAC is 4-9 in these games with an average score of AAC team 26 P5 team 41. Yikes.

For what it's worth, AAC record against the MWC, MAC, Sun Belt, CUSA and Indy (including ND) is 11-3 which I believe is a slight step down from last year.

Colley's Bias Free College Football Rankings

AAC is closer to 5 than it is to 7 but it still may never get to P6 territory.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is our game vs Missouri the only SEC matchup this year? 0-7 vs ACC/Big12 is a terrible look.

Reaction Score
Seems like a tough year for that comparison. Temple and Houston lost good head coaches. Memphis is recovering from losing their coach, UCF is coming back with Frost. USF, UConn and a Cincy have new coaches too. First and second year coaches dominate the league. It will be better in a year or two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom