AAC vs ACC Bowl Game @ Fenway | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC vs ACC Bowl Game @ Fenway

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The good news is it’s not until 2020 which gives us time. Would also give me a reason to step foot at Fenway (Yankees fan).

Being a baseball fan is the only reason you need to Fenway Park! I'm a Sox fan, but I've enjoyed games at both the old and the new Yankee Stadium. I've been to several fun games in Boston with Yankee-fan friends.

The moral of the story is... if you avoid Fenway Park simply because you like the Yankees, you are only doing yourself a disservice! Go see a baseball game at Fenway, you won't regret it.

Reaction Score
It wasnt bad at all considering neither team was that good and it was a miserable evening. Alternated between a cold rain and a cold drizzle. I think around 28000 in the building and I can say that everyone I met there from both sides really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Attendance was 20,133. The atmosphere was horrible. Horrible sight lines. Field was a mess. Easy travel to a road game was the only positive beside the score. I will not go to watch another football game in a baseball stadium. Especially in late December in a cold weather city.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Attendance at Fenway in Nov between BC and UConn were poor. It will probably be horrible for non local teams in late December.

True, but then again the attendance at most bowl games in warm weather cities has been rather terrible for many years now as well. Warm or cold, the attendance is really driven by the core football fan base converging with a good match up and decent/easy to get too location. Really only the absolute biggest programs and marque bowls are performing with any decent attendance. Any bowl not in the top 12 or so has pretty lousy attendance these days.

Reaction Score
Wake - ECU is sure to bring them in. Uconn, whenback to being competitive, should be looking for a better bowl than playing a 6-6 ACC team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
True, but then again the attendance at most bowl games in warm weather cities has been rather terrible for many years now as well. Warm or cold, the attendance is really driven by the core football fan base converging with a good match up and decent/easy to get too location. Really only the absolute biggest programs and marque bowls are performing with any decent attendance. Any bowl not in the top 12 or so has pretty lousy attendance these days.

Can I make this an extended weekend staycation or is this something I can convince family is worth using up as a family holiday gift? If the answer to these is no, attendance will be low.

With the exception of Championship bowl games, the rest are entertainment and hopefully a reward to the fan base to wrap up the season.

Opponent better be interesting, locale better be interesting, and transportation logistics better be easy. And with most bowl games, at least one or two of these is lacking, so people sit at home watching it on their 60" HDTV they bought for $500.

Reaction Score
Attendance was 20,133. The atmosphere was horrible. Horrible sight lines. Field was a mess. Easy travel to a road game was the only positive beside the score. I will not go to watch another football game in a baseball stadium. Especially in late December in a cold weather city.

Would you like some cheese with this whine?

Reaction Score
I just LOVE going to bowl games in cold weather cities.

Papa John’s Bowl (Alabama), Fiesta Bowl ( Phoenix). Meineke Bowl (Charlotte). We’re all unusually cold. Toronto was not that cold. As a matter of fact we walked all over Toronto even while it was snowing and we weren’t as cold as we were In The southern bowls.

Reaction Score
We walked all over Toronto even while it was snowing and we weren’t as cold as we were in the southern bowls.
Amen to that. Toronto was a great locale for the International Bowl even in the dead of winter. All the other southern bowls were almost as cold. Boston is a great venue for the game. Lots of folks will make the trip.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you haven’t figured out that bowl games don’t exist for in person attendance anymore... you might want to start at the beginning.

There is a reason why ESPN owns most of them.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
At Fenway I understand tailgating is a the bar across the street. I may be wrong though.

Cask n' Flagon is decidedly not tailgating. Never really understood the draw of that place on game day.

Reaction Score
Confirmed: Fenway Bowl to pit ACC vs. American

>>Fenway Park confirmed on Monday that “America’s most beloved ballpark” will indeed host a bowl game this winter, as was reported back in April. While full details are still forthcoming, the game will pit teams from the ACC and the American.<<

>>Fenway Park has hosted a number of games in recent years, but this will be the venue’s first college postseason game. Some might even say Fenway’s entire 107-year history has been building toward the opportunity to host a 7-5 ACC team against an 8-4 American team.<<

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
At Fenway I understand tailgating is a the bar across the street. I may be wrong though.
When we last played BC at Fenway I spent a good deal of pregame at a bar that was literally under the stadium. I don’t remember how I got there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
>>Fenway Park has hosted a number of games in recent years, but this will be the venue’s first college postseason game. Some might even say Fenway’s entire 107-year history has been building toward the opportunity to host a 7-5 ACC team against an 8-4 American team.<<

Lmfao. UConn should try and finagle itself into a loose affiliation here. If Liberty of all teams can do that for some level bowls, UConn should at least be able to get somewhere.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Lmfao. UConn should try and finagle itself into a loose affiliation here. If Liberty of all teams can do that for some level bowls, UConn should at least be able to get somewhere.
Fenway group does like UConn. If they have any say we may have a shot of sorts

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Haven’t y’all figured out that attendance is absolutely and completely meaningless? This is about TV ratings for ESPN and another way for Fenway Sports Groups to get Fenway on TV.

Gee whiz I really can’t believe anyone here is complaining; this is about as good of news as one could hope for in this conference.

Yeah - great for the conference - maybe
What does it mean for UConn after 2020? - ZILCH

Reaction Score

There were 38K at the ND/ Boston College game at Fenway in 2015. We were in the end zone and the view was good. We thought the atmosphere was great, but it was an ND home game, so we expected a fun crowd. It was cold (late November), but it would have been colder at ND. I would go again.

Reaction Score
Papa John’s Bowl (Alabama), Fiesta Bowl ( Phoenix). Meineke Bowl (Charlotte). We’re all unusually cold. Toronto was not that cold. As a matter of fact we walked all over Toronto even while it was snowing and we weren’t as cold as we were In The southern bowls.

I played golf the morning of the Fiesta Bowl in Scottsdale. My tee time was delayed because the course was having a frost delay. (Charlotte, on the other hand, I remember as being cool and muggy but nowhere near cold, but I don't know how sober I was that day either.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom