AAC Tourney thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AAC Tourney thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, I just turned the game on and am shocked to see UCF tied with Cinci. A lot of upsets today. As much as I would like to advance as far in the AAC tourney as possible, I'm not sure I like seeing the top of the AAC go down at the hands of the Conference bottom feeders. SMU's loss to Houston IMO was not a good thing. UConn's best shot at improving our seeding won't be helped by beating a UCF team, if we get by Memphis tonight, but by beating a highly ranked Cinci team.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I think he swished all his FTs against us!

and Kasey Wilson has bricked two wide open threes in the last minute...come on UCF!

Reaction Score
I am at work and do not get ESPNU.

I am watching ESPN and ESPN2 hoping for scroll updates and am getting nothing on Cincinnati-UCF. I am getting basket by basket updates on the scroll for Oklahoma-Baylor.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I hope you right. I think UCF is a sleeping giant - their football program over achieved big time this year, and I can't believe i'm going to say this, but are they poised to be the leader in the immediate future football-wise? They have a huge campus (like over 60,000 students) and seem like they will surpass USF in no time...

They have been pretty solid the past 6 or so years in football. Last year was their best season but they've had solid records/good bowl wins. Football should break down like this next season:

Tier 1:

UCF
Cincy
Houston
ECU

Tier 2:

UConn
Tulane
Tulsa
Navy
USF
SMU

Tier 3:

Temple
Memphis

In terms of overall athletic departments I think UCF and UConn will be the two with the largest budgets no doubt. Will be interesting to track their rise

Reaction Score
Yikes, on those FTs by the big fellah. Good thing it was a flagrant and they get the ball back. What a squander by UCF. They could be tied with the ball instead down 2 and it's now going the other way.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ucf has had a few shots to really put the game pressure on cinci by taking the lead and just can't get over the hump. Too bad.

Reaction Score
Missed free throws again?

USF, Temple, and UCF missed huge free throws last night. SMU did as well today in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Mick Cronin congratulated his buddy Kevin Willard. Are these guys family friends? Maybe they're related?

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to the new foul rules this year? Seems that has fallen to the wayside a bit over the last 6 weeks.

Reaction Score
At work, at the mercy of watching ESPN and ESPN2, hoping for some Cincy-UCF highlights, still none. 1 seed survives and it's not news apparently.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The officiating in this Louisville/Houston game is comically bad. All one sided in favor of Louisville. No shock TV Ted Valentine is in the middle of the it.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Mick Cronin congratulated his buddy Kevin Willard. Are these guys family friends? Maybe they're related?
Best friends, they were on the staff together at Louisville before Willard left for Iona and Cronin left for Murray State.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The officiating in this Louisville/Houston game is comically bad. All one sided in favor of Louisville. No shock TV Ted Valentine is in the middle of the it.
it is ridiculous how louisville isnt called for these fouls, they're reaching in, smacking, arm bars, and groping houston

Reaction Score
There's no doubt louisville is way better, but if anyone else is watching this game right now, terrible calls all over the place. Houston has 14 fouls vs ville's 6. unreal.

Reaction Score
This game is really really making me want to win tonight and take them out bigtime tomorrow, screw cheering for houston.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Louisville is going as far as the refs let them. That's either really far if they get refs like they have in the AAC. Or not as far as expected if they get refs that actually call the fouls that they commit.

Reaction Score
There's two ways to beat UL. Out run and gun them like Memphis. Or shut them Down offensively like Cincy. Unfortunately for UConn, they are somewhere in between.

Reaction Score
Whatever Louisville pays their strength and conditioning people they should triple it.

They play at 110MPH on both ends and never ever tire.

Reaction Score
Looks like UL's just going through the motions right now and are in cruise control - playing dominant b-ball.

Reaction Score
it is ridiculous how louisville isnt called for these fouls, they're reaching in, smacking, arm bars, and groping houston

I think its the Pitino effect. Unfortunately Calhoun would be the only coach who could match respect. To the refs all others are Rodney Dangerfields.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Looks like Smith wrapped up the tourney MOP no matter what happens tomorrow, a la Adam Morrison in the 2005 Maui Invitational.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Looks like Smith wrapped up the tourney MOP no matter what happens tomorrow, a la Adam Morrison in the 2005 Maui Invitational.
could care less, as long as uconn wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01