AAC Tournament Games Thread

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
the refs continue to suck

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Memphis with a good run this year. There's just a major drop-off in the conference after WSU/Cinci.
Houston is so overrated.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Nobody watching this? Houston is up 59-58 with 8 minutes left. Really entertaining basketball game. Gray has 21 and Shamet has been on fire

Reaction Score
Go WSU!

Always thought proposals like that are so cheesy. Should be a private thing IMO.

Reaction Score
Really physical game. Lots of fouls being committed and a lot not being called. Could doom both teams if they get the wrong crew next week.

Aresco really can't ask for much more than what he has gotten from his top football and hoops teams when they got on national TV this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't we start this thread with a note that games are 40 minutes? There was never one second where Memphis was going to win that game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
the refs continue to suck

The officiating is terrible across the country. I've watched parts of 50-60 games the past 3-4 days. It's a huge issue.

Reaction Score
WSU-Houston...What a great game!!!!!

No matter who wins, Both teams look ready to make some noise in the Big Dance

Reaction Score
WSU-Houston...What a great game!!!!!

No matter who wins, Both teams look ready to make some noise in the Big Dance
Yeah, fun game to watch. This is what good basketball in the AAC looks like. I forgot what that looks like. :(

kobe

Reaction Score
Wichita bad down the stretch again like they were against us last weekend. Houston has badly outplayed us for like 3/4 of the two games. We toast tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Good for Houston! Teams with strong guard play do well in tournament and Houston has an elite guard with Gray and two other very good guards with Davis Jr. and Brooks plus Robinson is a steady guard who distributes the ball well. They aren't a vertical team, but they rebound very well for their size. IMO, it's a disappointment if this team doesn't make the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
I was over in Tampa on business this week, and drove over to Orlando and watched the games yesterday and going today. 6 for a ticket yesterday, 7 today, lol. I was having a few beer with some guys after the game last night, and there were several Cincy guys. They were telling me about a recruit they signed last week who isn't even in the top 400, and said he was 6'8 playing point guard out of Baltimore. I googled him today at lunch and the story is below as he won state for second time in a row yesterday. I guess it kind of shows how you can survive with the conference affiliation changes. You have to invest in recruiting, and hopefully whomever comes into Uconn is on that track. The old aau circuit is too competitive anymore.

Hardnett the hero as Perry Hall rallies to beat Bladensburg for second straight 4A crown

kobe

Reaction Score
I was over in Tampa on business this week, and drove over to Orlando and watched the games yesterday and going today. 6 for a ticket yesterday, 7 today, lol. I was having a few beer with some guys after the game last night, and there were several Cincy guys. They were telling me about a recruit they signed last week who isn't even in the top 400, and said he was 6'8 playing point guard out of Baltimore. I googled him today at lunch and the story is below as he won state for second time in a row yesterday. I guess it kind of shows how you can survive with the conference affiliation changes. You have to invest in recruiting, and hopefully whomever comes into Uconn is on that track. The old aau circuit is too competitive anymore.

Hardnett the hero as Perry Hall rallies to beat Bladensburg for second straight 4A crown
I can't remember the last real recruiting battle we were ever in. The staff identifies kids and builds good relationships before guys blow up which is a big key to recruiting in the AAC. There are a ton of kids that basically stop answering calls once they get P5 offers but the ones that value that early relationship are the ones we land. Apparently Hardnett was getting looks from Maryland, LSU, etc but basically said he was sticking with the first schools that were recruiting him (he chose us over Buffalo lmao). For better or for worse that's just how Mick does things.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Houston is legit.. up 37-31 right now late first half on Cincinnati.

Say what you want about the man bun but Gray’s playing style reminds me a ton of Shabazz

Reaction Score
I thought this was supposed to be Cincinnati's "best offensive" team. Brick brick brick from outside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom