AAC Tournament Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Bracketology

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The CBI costs $50K. Georgetown, Maryland, Tulsa, SMU and VCU all refused. We'd be the biggest name to ever accept.

The CIT is geared towards mid-majors.

I'd expect we'd decline both.

The NIT is probably our only option, which means we better finish the regular season 16-15 and then win probably 2 games in the AAC to get to 18-16. Even then we'd probably get passed over. Making the AAC finals is probably the only way we're playing in a post-season tournament, and at that point might as well win the whole thing...

Not eligible for the CIT by rule. No bigger conference school has gone to the CBI in at least 3 years I think.

Reaction Score
The CBI costs $50K. Georgetown, Maryland, Tulsa, SMU and VCU all refused. We'd be the biggest name to ever accept.

The NIT is probably our only option, which means we better finish the regular season 16-15 and then win probably 2 games in the AAC to get to 18-16. Even then we'd probably get passed over. Making the AAC finals is probably the only way we're playing in a post-season tournament, and at that point might as well win the whole thing...

Reaction Score
We're locked into 9/10.

Might as well win out, take the 9 seed, and root like hell for Cincy to beat both UCF and Houston.
Agreed. Really the best thing for the league would be for UCF to beat Cincy. That would basically put UCF as a lock in the field.

Cincy is still the 1 seed if they then beat Houston on Sunday as they would own the tiebreaker.

Reaction Score
The CBI costs $50K. Georgetown, Maryland, Tulsa, SMU and VCU all refused. We'd be the biggest name to ever accept. The CIT is geared towards mid-majors. I'd expect we'd decline both.
Thank you (and Whaler) for info on CBI / CIT.......... I agree, if CBI ends up the only option we should probably decline. Hopefully we make a nice run to the end the season and finish .500 or better tourney or not.

Reaction Score
Yup. Root for us to get the 9 seed and Cincy to get the 1 seed.

I can't imagine Cincy or Houston want to play UConn IF we beat Temple & ECU (mini win streak + first road win + momentum) AND Jalen healthy. January February UConn April.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Have a weird feeling someone outside of the Houston/Cinci/UCF group is going to win the AAC tournament.

SMU is dead currently- we should beat them in the first round.

We’re still playing hard- it may not translate to wins but it means we have a small shot against whoever we play.

One of Temple/UConn/WSU (playing well rn)/Tulsa/Memphis will win this thing IMO. 5 teams in the tournament baby.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Have a weird feeling someone outside of the Houston/Cinci/UCF group is going to win the AAC tournament.

We’re still playing hard- it may not translate to wins but it means we have a small shot against whoever we play.

One of Temple/UConn/WSU (playing well rn)/Tulsa/Memphis will win this thing IMO. 5 teams in the tournament baby.
SMU did just absolutely dog us...

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

No shot we get 5 teams with the bubble being the way it is this year.
If Houston/Cinci/UCF win conference tourney, 3 teams in. (Assuming UCF doesn't crap the bed and lose out)

If someone outside those 3 win the conference, we will have 4 teams max.

Reaction Score
If only we could’ve won 3 conference games USF, Cincy, Wichita maybe. We would be 6th place

Reaction Score

I wouldn't decline any postseason bid. Great experience for Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, and Adams. Also, it would be a nice way for Jalen to go out...if he is able to play.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't decline any postseason bid. Great experience for Gilbert, Carlton, Polley, Wilson, and Adams. Also, it would be a nice way for Jalen to go out...if he is able to play.
CBI is the only one available. They would absolutely reject it, though I take your point.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here is the last CBI field.

Please stop.

84830C25-A3E3-4830-A9BE-A334976B897D.png

Reaction Score
Here is the last CBI field.

Please stop.

View attachment 40496
Pretty ugly, that answers that. It looks like in the earlier years CBI had stronger fields (OR, TX, VA, WA, VCU, Pitt, Nevada, Purdue all participated prior) but not so much recently. NCAA / NIT or bust.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom