AAC tournament bracket | The Boneyard

AAC tournament bracket

Reaction Score
Anybody know what the tie-breaking procedure is? I'm thinking there is a decent chance we tie with Memphis and we split the season series with them. Granted I could probably look this up but I assume others have the same question

Reaction Score
I would think it is record vs., like, the top 3 teams. Or maybe record vs the top team and go on until one team has the better record.

Reaction Score
Anybody know what the tie-breaking procedure is? I'm thinking there is a decent chance we tie with Memphis and we split the season series with them. Granted I could probably look this up but I assume others have the same question
http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.c...to_Hartford_entering_Feb_26_2017_.pdf?id=1227

Two-Team Tie
1. Regular season head-to-head results (one or two games). If the tied teams split their two games, then proceed to Step 2.

2. Each team’s record vs. the team or tied teams occupying the highest position in the standings. Continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

Reaction Score
If we lose our last two games, and Memphis wins its other game but losses at SMU, we will be tied at 9-9. They would have the tiebreaker over us because while we both would be 0-2 against SMU and Cincy, they would be 1-1 against Houston, while we would be 0-2 against them.

Reaction Score
Sooooo.... do we have the tie breaker vs Memphis? I know Tulsa beat us so they'd take it. So frustrating. ECU is a very bad team

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Unrelated but will they sell beer at the tourney
Given that I would bet Cincy at 9pm as the 2/7 game is all of a sudden our likely destination, a lot of people will need it.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Given that I would bet Cincy at 9pm as the 2/7 game is all of a sudden our likely destination, a lot of people will need it.
Ain't that the truth

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I am going to be rooting hard for SMU and Tulane tonight. We need some good luck after all this crap we have been through this year.

Reaction Score
If it's a 3-way between us, Tulane, and Memphis we get last, so 7th.

We lose tiebreaker vs. either individually as well.

5th and bye is pretty much a pipe dream.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Would a Tulane win over Memphis help us?
Yes. We need Tulane to sweep Memphis and Tulsa its next two games. If Memphis and Tulsa both lose out, we play UCF in the quarters on Friday regardless of the Cincy game.

Reaction Score
If it's a 3-way between us, Tulane, and Memphis we get last, so 7th.

We lose tiebreaker vs. either individually as well.

5th and bye is pretty much a pipe dream.

Believe a bye is still in play

if we win vs cincy and Memphis loses at smu. We are 5th I think

If we had taken care of business vs e c u. We would only of needed s m u to beat Memphis

Reaction Score
Believe a bye is still in play

if we win vs cincy and Memphis loses at smu. We are 5th I think

If we had taken care of business vs e c u. We would only of needed s m u to beat Memphis

The part I'm considering a pipe dream is beating Cincy.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
We just need to win the rest of our games, period. Cincy is beatable. Will we be hot that day and healthy remains to be seen. We are capable. We should never lose hope. What else do we have if we don't even have hope?

Reaction Score
Win Sunday - likely 5 seed with 4 seed UCF in first round. SMU would await in the semi-finals.
Lose Sunday - likely 7 seed with 11 seed Tulane in first round. Cincy would await in the quarterfinals.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Win Sunday - likely 5 seed with 4 seed UCF in first round. SMU would await in the quarterfinals semifinals.
Lose Sunday - likely 7 seed with 11 seed Tulane in first round. Cincy would await in the quarterfinals semifinals.

Reaction Score
Half right. The 7 seed game against Cincy would be the 1/4 finals. The bye would mean the game against SMU would be the semi-finals.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Half right. The 7 seed game against Cincy would be the 1/4 finals. The bye would mean the game against SMU would be the semi-finals.

Win Sunday - likely 5 seed with 4 seed UCF in first round. SMU would await in the quarterfinals semifinals.
Lose Sunday - likely 7 seed with 11 seed Tulane in first round. Cincy would await in the quarterfinals.

My bad...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom