AAC Tournament back to Hartford in 2017 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament back to Hartford in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Complete BS. What other major conference plays a conference tournament on a teams home floor (particuarly one that is good) AND no schools are even remotely close to it. Get us out...please.

This is called life.

If it were on a completely neutral court, no one would go.

The Big East did and still does play on St. John's quasi-home court, so it's not like this is unheard of.

Reaction Score
The AAC is ugly, but I have to say, I had a ton of fun spending most of the week of the tournament in Hartford last year.

Reaction Score
While everybody realizes what the AAC is, that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge that there are some nice perks that come with it. I, too, had a great time in Hartford last year for the tournament. Hopefully next year, even more people go. I'm never going to be anything less than pleased at UConn fans taking over a building, regardless of circumstances.

Reaction Score
What other major conference plays a conference tournament on a teams home floor (particuarly one that is good) AND no schools are even remotely close to it. Get us out...please.
Could be, yet next year's nACC tourney will be played in NY with no conference schools remotely close.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I paid $13 each for 3 AAC finals tickets off EasySeat.
I did buy them immediately after the first UCONN Thursday night win on the if/come that we would be there on Sunday.
My gamble paid off.

Reaction Score
This is called life.

If it were on a completely neutral court, no one would go.

The Big East did and still does play on St. John's quasi-home court, so it's not like this is unheard of.
Isn't MSG Storrs South? Didn't mind those tourneys.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm surprised no love for New Orleans or Philadelphia or Cincinnati

I'm sure our ticket sales will be among the highest (along with Memphis)

and if the NCAA is coming to town, some AAC schools will be ineligible to play in that bracket

Reaction Score
Someone already mentioned this I believe but this comes from the Orlando Sentinel:

Scheduling concerns were cited as the main reason for the move as UCF is already slated to host the NCAA Tournament next March. A conference tournament and NCAA Tournament would also push the Orlando Magic on the road for consecutive weeks. UCF is expecting the conference tournament to return for its two-year hosting bid in 2018.

It makes too much sense to be true. Cue Conspiracy Kitty.

Reaction Score
Complete BS. What other major conference plays a conference tournament on a teams home floor (particuarly one that is good) AND no schools are even remotely close to it. Get us out...please.

For UConn and Cincy's sake, I am hoping that the 2017 AAC tournament will be our last before joining the Big XII

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For UConn and Cincy's sake, I am hoping that the 2017 AAC tournament will be our last before joining the Big XII
You mean for UConn and UCF, don't you? I'm pulling for our ConFLiCT partner.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
We should play it in New Orleans and I don't even care if they want to hold it at Devlin to make the crowd look better than it normally would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom