AAC: The Middle Matters | The Boneyard

AAC: The Middle Matters

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
"You could leave this preview right now and be done with it, knowing UConn will not be threatened by a conference foe this year. But if you do that, you’ll miss out on three or four teams who could, feasibly, make a run and steal a bid. They could knock off your favorite team too, if they’re not careful."

2018-19 American Athletic Conference preview: UConn is still on top, but the middle of the pack is strengthening

He seems to have drunk a little too much Kool Aid but I hope his sunny analysis has some accuracy.

You could leave this preview right now and be done with it, knowing UConn will not be threatened by a conference foe this year. But if you do that, you’ll miss out on three or four teams who could, feasibly, make a run and steal a bid. They could knock off your favorite team too, if they’re not careful. USF is there again, but the Bulls are no guarantee to finish in second. And that’s no disrespect to them, either. UCF and Houston will both be really good, while Temple and Cincinnati are on their way up as well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It seems at present there are more Tenn fans than UConn fans on the Board. FUBAR.

Reaction Score
Random thoughts:
-- Hard to believe SMU will be last in the league. Alicia Froling is a beast. I saw her play against UConn two years ago and was hugely impressed.
-- Great to see Central Florida on the rise. For one thing, it's a game I can drive to and will be fun. For another, I think their coach is really good and deserves some success. If CFU goes from scrappy to sklled, it'll be a good year for them. --As for South Florida, I'm really hoping they will be successful with a different style than what they had during the last two years. I never was a fan of Laksa or Jespersen, and the team was pretty much built around them, even though their most exciting plays came from other players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom