AAC Stadiums | The Boneyard

AAC Stadiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Not sure about the campuses themselves, but what about the football stadiums? Anyone been to any and if so, which ones? How would you rank the ones you have been to? Yes, it will ba looong winter.

I will start.....and I am guessing probably finish.

UCF-Stadium itself is just a big tin box. Was rather surprised given that teh rest of the facilities looked good. Grade of C. The walk up however is pretty cool...tailgating out in this big grass square and then you walk through a mini-shopping/dining area.
USF-It's a pirate ship stuck inside a stadium. Cool to look at for 30 minutes. Still an NFL stadium though. B
Temple-Home of the Eagles...hate it..NFL stadium also. C
Cincy-Great location, new renovation should be pretty cool. Still, old one was just fine. B
UConn-Aside from it being 30 minutes from campus, the stadium itself is a really good stadium. The sight lines are fantastic (which also has it's drawbacks as there is a ton of milling around without the fear of missing a play) B

Hoping Navy and/or Houston is on the road next yr as I want to see those two next.

Reaction Score
Not sure about the campuses themselves, but what about the football stadiums? Anyone been to any and if so, which ones? How would you rank the ones you have been to? Yes, it will ba looong winter.

I will start.....and I am guessing probably finish.

UCF-Stadium itself is just a big tin box. Was rather surprised given that teh rest of the facilities looked good. Grade of C. The walk up however is pretty cool...tailgating out in this big grass square and then you walk through a mini-shopping/dining area.
USF-It's a pirate ship stuck inside a stadium. Cool to look at for 30 minutes. Still an NFL stadium though. B
Temple-Home of the Eagles...hate it..NFL stadium also. C
Cincy-Great location, new renovation should be pretty cool. Still, old one was just fine. B
UConn-Aside from it being 30 minutes from campus, the stadium itself is a really good stadium. The sight lines are fantastic (which also has it's drawbacks as there is a ton of milling around without the fear of missing a play) B

Hoping Navy and/or Houston is on the road next yr as I want to see those two next.

USF - site of our biggest win, so A for me.
Temple - such a big stadium with no fans. Experience was an F (although I've been there for an Eagles playoff game, and it was fantastic).

Reaction Score
Tulane - I went to the Tulane game this year. Nice, new stadium, although smaller than The Rent. Sight lines are good. There is minimal ground area around the football field footprint, so you are really right on top on the action. Good concessions, too. I wasn't surprised to pay $5 for a hot dog, but was surprised to find that it came in a basket of French fries. The campus and neighborhood are also quite nice. And you can get to the campus from downtown by a historic St. Charles Avenue streetcar.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Liberty Bowl (59,308)

over the last 4-5 years, more than 32 million has been invested into the Liberty Bowl.

Tiger%20Lane%20-%20aerial_0.jpg

1411420981045-USATSI-8097455.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The Liberty Bowl really is a spittin' image of the old Big Sombrero in Tampa.

houlihanrive95.JPG

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I've been to a Navy game but it was in the early 90's so my guess is the stadium has changed some? I remember the campus being nice and reminded me a bit of being at West Point. Locations different but same feel. Stadium had an open end to it with a grass hill (?). Can't recall much more than that.

No other AAC sites for me up to this point though. If we're here for awhile I'd like to get to an ECU game and a SMU game at some point.

Reaction Score
USF - site of our biggest win, so A for me.
Temple - such a big stadium with no fans. Experience was an F (although I've been there for an Eagles playoff game, and it was fantastic).

The Eagle stadium is beautiful!

I especially liked the courtroom and jail!;)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
USF- Nice place, but an NFL venue at heart... not for me. C+
Navy- Awesome place, really neat town for a service academy, historic stadium B
Temple- An NFL venue for a team that draws no one to their games. F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors