AAC rules...Rutgers..fans want a new coach too.. | The Boneyard

AAC rules...Rutgers..fans want a new coach too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rutgers got blown out at home on homecoming to Houston today 49-14 and they want to clean house. The fans are furious and angry and they are venting their frustrations in numbers on the Star Ledger. The AAC in the last couple of weeks have been beating up on the lame duck teams of Louisville and Rutgers.. Not bad

Reaction Score
Navy beat Pitt. AAC rules!

BTW Toledo beat Navy last week and Toledo also beat Bowling Green tonight at Bowling Green. Matt Campbell anyone? Youngest coach in the FBS. Bring him to UCONN. He makes Addazio look like an old geezer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Northern schools are certainly having a tough time this year....as much as ever. The UCFs and Houstons of the world are certainly showing the recruiting depth of their home states.

Football in the Northeast:
UConn: 0-7 <--posting here to round out the list
Pitt: 4-3 <--lost to Navy yesterday - remaining schedule is tough with GT, ND, UNC, Syr and Miami. Might only win two of the remaining 5.
BC: 3-4 <--lost to UNC yesterday - not a close game / offense continues to struggle
Syracuse: 3-4 <--only one BCS win, last game was crushed by GT 56-0! remaining games: WF, Florida State, Maryland, Pitt, BC
Rutty: 4-3 <--has a nice win against Arkansas - but needed OT to beat SMU and lost big to Houston yesterday. They have UCF on 11/21 - that will be interesting.
Temple: 1-7

Nothing here to write home about:
Virginia: 2-5
UNC: 2-5
Memphis: 1-5 <--obviously not a surprise.

Other notable programs struggling outside of our traditional recruiting markets;
Hawaii 0-7
Cal 1-7
Purdue 1-6
Iowa St 1-6
Kansas 2-5
Arkansas 3-5 <--Rutty's road win looking a bit less special.
Kentucky 1-6 <--I know, not a surprise

Reaction Score
lol @ Rutgers. What were they saying about games against us losing luster??

I am sure they will bring a lot of luster to the B1G.

Reaction Score
With the exception of one season, Rutgers has pretty much been a doormat. Same old. Same old.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ready or not, Rutgers is getting the hell out of this dumpster fire and will only go up. I hate them as much as the next UConn fan but it's hard to say anything negative about them when we are 0-7 and showing zero signs of getting out of the AAC anytime soon, while they'll be in the B1G next season and be making a windfall in terms of money and *gulp* respect??

Reaction Score
It's coaching, not recruiting. Sure, southern schools are doing great, and that would lead us to believe in the hypothesis.

BUT, North Carolina and So. Virginia play really good football. Lots of talent.

AND, as bad as Rutgers has been, they have a ton of good players in the NFL. Many of them are contributors. The sure sign of recruiting success is having NFL coaches validate the caliber of players you recruit by keeping them on the 53. Rutgers is an NFL player maker.

Schiano is showing just how bad a gameday coach he always was down in TB.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ready or not, Rutgers is getting the hell out of this dumpster fire and will only go up. I hate them as much as the next UConn fan but it's hard to say anything negative about them when we are 0-7 and showing zero signs of getting out of the AAC anytime soon, while they'll be in the B1G next season and be making a windfall in terms of money and *gulp* respect??
I don't see how Ru gets respect merely by occupying the basement of the B!G. No one respects Purdue or Indiana football. At least they have some successful programs.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't see how Ru gets respect merely by occupying the basement of the B!G. No one respects Purdue or Indiana football. At least they have some successful programs.
I'd say that Indiana and Pudue get more respect than any non-P5 conference team (not counting Louisville or RU as they will be P5 next season). Boise might be only exception. My point is, the media gives P5 teams more cred for simply being in a P5 conference. Whether or not it's deserved is a whole 'nother story.

Reaction Score
lol @ Rutgers. What were they saying about games against us losing luster??

I am sure they will bring a lot of luster to the B1G.
It doesn't matter if they win or lose. The fact is that they are in and we are out. Winning or losing games don't matter. The B1G doesn't care if RU or MD for that matter occupy their basement. TV sets matter. Anyone can talk smack. Don't let it get to you.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter if they win or lose. The fact is that they are in and we are out. Winning or losing games don't matter. The B1G doesn't care if RU or MD for that matter occupy their basement. TV sets matter. Anyone can talk smack. Don't let it get to you.
Ever hear of "patience"?

Reaction Score
It should be noted that a large majority of Rutgers fans (when discussing new coaching possibilities) have no interest in Shady returning to Rutgers, not because they are mad at him, but because they don't consider him anything special as a coach. We should value their opinion on this and stay far away from the dirt bag.

Reaction Score
Schiano did what he had to do to build RU's program from the dredges of Terry Shea and company. He did right by his players, is/was an EXTREME micromanager who had difficulty holding onto assistant coaches because he expected them to work as hard as he did. He is also a good man, as evidenced by how he treated LeGrande, the 3 players and their families after a severe life threatening car accident several years back. He did not tolerate rules violations/ law breaking, etc and disciplined those that needed to be disciplined (just as Edsall did at UConn). Despite his ego, he is a good man. Say what you want about the validity of the APR, it was Schiano that insisted on strict academic guidelines that did resonate with some recruits and their families.
Having said all that, he is a stubborn man who needs to reassess his methods if he wants to stay and succeed in this business. He took RU as far as he could and though there is never a "right" time to leave a program (in terms of recruiting,etc), most of us are glad he's gone. Gameday was not a coaching clinic, with too many wtf games. With all the talent that has moved on to the NFL during his time at RU, I can honestly say his teams vastly underachieved relative to the talent that was recruited. The question is what kind of coach does UCONN need? The infrastructure appears to be there. Rutgers is a prime example that coaching is more than just getting good recruits. Schiano was hired by default since at the time, Mulcahy wanted to hire and almost did hire Darnell, whose wife nixed the deal. Darnell really hasn't been heard from since. I guess I'm saying that hiring the right coach also involves a good bit of luck too.

Reaction Score
I am not quite ready to pull the plug on Flood. I keep hemming and hawing over it though. There has been many red flags about our team this year. Our recruiting is extremely unbalanced and IMO held together by a few highly rated recruits who fell into our lap. It is filled with Flood projects. Saturday was just awful. He was playing the 7th & 8th string WRs on our team. He had the 4th string RB take a key carry on 3rd and short. Just one coaching miscue after another. His buyout is so cheap and he was only hired to save a recruiting class anyway. I might be coming around to pulling the plug on him and getting a legit coach to lead us into the B1G. I knew we weren't a good team this year, but the AAC is so bad it was going to mask it. You, USF, & Temple are atrocious and I am not confident we beat anyone else this year.

Reaction Score
I am not quite ready to pull the plug on Flood. I keep hemming and hawing over it though. There has been many red flags about our team this year. Our recruiting is extremely unbalanced and IMO held together by a few highly rated recruits who fell into our lap. It is filled with Flood projects. Saturday was just awful. He was playing the 7th & 8th string WRs on our team. He had the 4th string RB take a key carry on 3rd and short. Just one coaching miscue after another. His buyout is so cheap and he was only hired to save a recruiting class anyway. I might be coming around to pulling the plug on him and getting a legit coach to lead us into the B1G. I knew we weren't a good team this year, but the AAC is so bad it was going to mask it. You, USF, & Temple are atrocious and I am not confident we beat anyone else this year.

You're only slightly less atrocious than us. But atrocious none the less.

Reaction Score

How the hell do you figure that? I expect them to replace Indiana at the bottom of the B10 for football. And basketball, well, they will remain the doormat they have always been.

Reaction Score
The same as the old expression. Tell me who your company is and I'll tell you who you are !Basement or not a mansion is a mansion!

Reaction Score
Don't pay much mind to JS....he see's RU and gets bent out of shape irrationally!

Reaction Score
It doesn't help facing a spread type team with our CB position practically having to start RS Fr walk-on types?We've been devastated in the DB positions by injury and transfer of a young promising starter to play baseball!I like the 2 DT's Moukwah and Wilkins hopefully coming in next year with the DE Nelson.

Reaction Score
It doesn't help facing a spread type team with our CB position practically having to start RS Fr walk-on types?We've been devastated in the DB positions by injury and transfer of a young promising starter to play baseball!
Which of those two reasons does Barnwell fit into? :D Rutgers PD = UConn PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom