AAC Quiz | The Boneyard

AAC Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many fans here can name all of the teams in our league?

I know its a new conference but I failed miserably and hope I am not alone. Even worse I don't even know what teams (games) are worth watching the next few days. Sad state for Tournament Week.

Makes me wonder are if we in denial about our long term prospects or lack thereof, cuz some of us obviously have yet to embrace this conference. Will we ever?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
Cincinnati
Memphis
Temple
East Carolina
USF
UCF
Houston

By the time you're done reading this list, UConn has accepted an offer to join the Big 10.

Reaction Score
I was a little disappointed people were saying that they didn't recognize the players who were on 1st and 2nd team, but not knowing the teams?

Reaction Score
I will continue to say that it's not as bad of a conference as people say it is. We had 5 top 25 teams last year. SMU, Temple, Memphis, Cinn, Tulsa, UConn are very good teams. If you take the time to actually watch UCF has good young talent, Tulane has talent, E Carolina has talent. It takes time to form rivalries and for the newer teams to add better talent then they were used to having. After watching this year it looks like when the good teams play against us were starting to play hard fought games and the players are getting physical. Look at the games against Memphis, SMU, Temple, Tulsa. Even Boat said he didn't like how SMU and Tulsa disrespected them when the beat us. The old Big East took time for those teams to for tradition and rivalries. Give it time.

Reaction Score
I was a little disappointed people were saying that they didn't recognize the players who were on 1st and 2nd team, but not knowing the teams?
I was the type of student who pulled all-nighters regularly before an exam. Decades later and I still don't seem prepared before an exam (Tourney). Yes we played all of the teams (i.e. homework/test) but still I never studied (i.e. standings) until last night. My post was to see if I'm still the only idiot in class (Boneyard) who waits until the last minute to know the answers (Tourney Teams).

At least now Leebo I have a legit age/memory retention reason excuse, LOL

Reaction Score
I guess if you're not looking at the standings ever, that makes it harder to list them off... I just figured there weren't any Boneyarders not looking at the standings.

Reaction Score
When the big East started St. John's and Georgetown and Syracuse were prominent with Providence having won a title. By the time it was over UCONN and Pitt were dominant players. Things change and teams can rise. I'm hanging my hat on that.

Reaction Score
I guess if you're not looking at the standings ever, that makes it harder to list them off... I just figured there weren't any Boneyarders not looking at the standings.
Hard for me to pay attention when we are not competing for 1st place. Normally I'm aware, but this was a strange year, hopefully an anomaly.

Reaction Score
I know all the teams, but I don't live in CT. The problem I have is not so much the quality of the conference, it's that, regardless, it gets no respect. And, honestly it hasn't earned it. Because of this, half the decent games are on CBSSports, which I don't get. So you get to watch a couple games, start looking at standings, getting into things, and then there's two or three games in a row you can't watch. Kinda kills the momentum right when you're getting into the meat of the season. For what it's worth, just IMHO.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I know all the teams, but the only players I know by name are Shaq Goodwin, Austin Nichols and Nic Moore.

Pretty pathetic, especially considering I used to be able to name the starting 5 or at least 3 guys on every Big East team.

Reaction Score
I know all the teams, but the only players I know by name are Shaq Goodwin, Austin Nichols and Nic Moore.

Pretty pathetic, especially considering I used to be able to name the starting 5 or at least 3 guys on every Big East team.
Only thing worse than that is the fact that I instantly recognized Holston Jr, Allen Jr and Guerrero from USF....my AAC assimilation is occurring too rapidly. I need a B1G wake up call!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Only thing worse than that is the fact that I instantly recognized Holston Jr, Allen Jr and Guerrero from USF....my AAC assimilation is occurring too rapidly. I need a B1G wake up call!

Get help while you still can brother!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
How many fans here can name all of the teams in our league?

I know its a new conference but I failed miserably and hope I am not alone. Even worse I don't even know what teams (games) are worth watching the next few days. Sad state for Tournament Week.

Makes me wonder are if we in denial about our long term prospects or lack thereof, cuz some of us obviously have yet to embrace this conference. Will we ever?
Another fun challenge - name all the teams in the Big East ( I can't)

Reaction Score
the XL has freebasing stations on all concourses during the entire tournament.
Don't make me laugh Dammit, you made me pull a butler bulldog. Now there's 200 proof all over my rug:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom